Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first day of the Police Fleet Expo in Milwaukee. I decided to drive up and check it out since I was off today. Pretty neat stuff.

Here's a pic from Ford's display area showing their optional ballistic panel car doors. Nothing came out the other side, including the 12 gauge slugs. I wish these were standard for the whole country:

The Dodge City Police emblem on the Dodge Charger's police hood looked pretty slick:

This is the way to patrol for those of you out to the west and southwest:

I really like how these storage systems work. Forget the fake plastic stuff, I want the S&W M&P15 and an M&P .45 pistol with a bunch of extra mags in there!

There is something very James Bond-ish about this briefcase capable of turning "fleeing and eluding" into four flats tires worth of "loss of control."

The new purpose built police car from Carbon Motors is very impressive. It's not based on any production vehicle. It's made just to be a police car. The emergency lights are incorporated into the body design. I don't know how they intend to sell them or at what price, but the thing looks really "bad" in their flat paint. They're almost stealthlike and very hard to get a good picture of:

...and no police vehicle exhibit is worth it's salt unless there is a police Mustang on display. Here's a brand new 2010 that looked awesome!

They incorporated the "Traffic Enforcement" in the stripe that is similar to the standard stripe on the 2010 Shelby GT500 too:

I picked up a few posters and keychains and stuff. Ford always does a great job with their Police Fleet posters each year. The detail that went into this year's version is very impressive. You can see the Sig Sauer logo on the officer's grips and I like the detail of the news reporters and bystanders taking pics with their cell phones. Even the bank name matches the city name on the squad car. Very well done!

-Steve

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks for the excellent report and pics.

Any word from Ford on how much longer they will produce Crown Vics for us?

Anything on the Crown Vics Ford replacement? Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 2010 Crown Vics are coming out already. The story goes that there will be a 2011 and then that's it. The federal gov't's new Corporate Average Fuel Economy standards will eliminate the Crown Vic. No word if there will be a police specific vehicle from Ford in the future.

·
Registered
504 Posts
lgnngp Great Pics! Thanks for posting them. I really liked the purpose built police car. I would have liked to have one. Thanks for posting this one. npihanp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.