Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm going to leave the white lights strung along our fence up as long as there's snow all winter long. I'll call them "party lights" if I have to.

They just look so serene and they calm me at night. I don't think about all the work I spent clearing 10" of snow off our driveway today. My 13 year old snowthrower gave up the ghost and I had to buy a new one this morning.

They also light up the yard for our dog too.

-Steve

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
The people a few houses down have had their 'party lights' up for a few years :lol:

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
I see many houses around here, that just keep those "electic icicles" hanging from their gutters all year long. They only turn them on......during the Holiday season. Drew, nice job on that hanging buck!!! You even gave him a scrotum.................apparently, it looks like the "Condo Association" doesn't mind. (Like you'd give a rat's arse!!!! :lol: ) It ain't the farm.....but it is home. :lol: Bob

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
bobw said:
I'd believe it,but Drew's deer hunting photos all showed snow on the ground . that photo has been on the internet since Christ was a Corporal and been antagonizing the anti -hunters just as long. bobw
Not really Bob, but sometimes.... I hunt all over and sometimes (if I'm lucky) there's snow. Other times like when we hunt the south, there's not.

But you're right. In all honesty, I did pirate that Photo. Just too good not to.... :D

But I guess I coulda put lights on these guys.... FYI, this is from opening day last fall in West Va.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
bobw said:
Ok ,as long as you are coming clean, tell Bobk he don't know the tail from the balls and needs to work on his wire form anatomy accessment. Oh yeah ,another thing that one deer with a really big hole thru it? Tell whoever did that they are now qualified to belong to the "Brought enough gun club" bobw
Tell you what Bob.... I'll hook you up and you can criticize him yourself.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Bob, I could be wrong........it probably was intended to be the tail. But, the angle of the back legs looks backasswards to me! Check out one of Drew's deer for comparison. :lol: Bob......you crack me up! :lol: Another thing Bob....you've obviously have never seen the results of a 12 Ga. slug ......with a good hit in the heart/lung area!!!

Forester, That probably straightens it out for you. ;) Bob

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Forester said:
What the heck happened here?

One too many pokes at the Bear.

I had a crappy day yesterday and I mistook good natured ribbing for someone else busting my balls.

I'm sorry Fellas!

Back on topic...

That exit wound was made by a 180 Grn. .308" Speer Spitzer Softpoint fired from my .300 Holland & Holland. My handload yields a Muzzle Velocity of 3350 Fps and is very accurate. Zeroed for 200 yards it can be effective at very long range. I have the rifle fully 'doped' with this load, scope and rifle. I've put in alot range time and know exactly where it's going to shoot. This work results in the ability to take shots like this one....

My son DJ took a deer at 600 yards all the way across this valley. He shot from where he's standing and the buck was on the opposite hill under the powerline tower in the background.
At the shot, the deer collapsed and never moved.

The downside of the kind of performance is that at closer ranges, you do more damage. This deer was shot with the same load at 140 yards.

The good thing is that the deer are anchored right there. It's humane and we never have to trail a wounded deer. I cut all our deer myself and yes you do loose some meat, but that's true of most of the rifles we use in this country. I'd rather lose the top of one front ham than lose the whole deer after chasing it all day long.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Geez, Drew......that's some bullet! Kills 'em ......and guts 'em......at the same time!!!! You don't have to track 'em....either. Drops 'em right there!!!! ;) Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts