Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's real, my son has a contact with a gun guy who supports police and they've supported him with stopping criminal activity he's suffered for many years. I actually was on a 'citizen observer' shift when this business was being targeted not for firearms theft, but because it's a Hardware store, it was high dollar 'smart thermostats'; they were being stolen commercially in bulk by way of fake credit cards. Fast forward, I was witness to a sting operation, a painfully long wait, then a high speed chase and an eventual stop at a Fedex satellite office located in a far north Phoenix resort, the items were headed to Canada. Months later, the Canadian authorities reported to my son's agency that the monies and material were headed to a person now in jail for murder, nice!

All that said, I suggested to my son that his ammo supplier should consider a discount for my long, painful 8 hours sitting in an uncomfortable undercover car, miserable by the long, badly projected hours, time that allowed me time enough to actually worry of possible Varicose veins and/or if the oil in my cars sitting at home were doing their job....it was BORING! I think a discount is in order, but if not, I'll still pay this price! :)

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Hey BC2,

Run! Don't walk! Run down & fetch that $200/M 9mm ammo up. Get as much as you can!

Right now, the least expensive around here is the Turkish MilSpec 115gr 9mm. $580/M!

You can fetch 3,000rds for the price of 1,000!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Gotta admire/respect your misery tale of woe for sitting on guard duty. I haven't heard such a good story since I was a First Sergeant on Monday mornings listening to the barracks rats try to convince the commander and me that they deserved mercy.

·
Registered
15,125 Posts
I keep kicking around sell off a couple thousand 223's The buck a round is sounding better and better all the time. I could finance my hunting trip with it....lol

Got around 5K of them, give or take, about half are green tips.

Reactions: msharley and TTSH

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
$200 for a thousand rounds would have been a decent price 11 months ago, but now it seems like a downright bargain. I believe I have 4 of those big, yellow, Remington/UMC 250 round bulk packs in my "When things get desperate" ammo can.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The last time I bought bulk 9mm I paid $160 per thousand. That was last summer. I can't even find it for sale anymore.
Yep. My last decent bulk buy of 9mm was $170.00 cash out the door from my preferred local shop. That was on August 30, 2019. Sure wish I could duplicate that today. If you want a case of 9mm range ammo around here today, it's $800+Tax ($750+Tax if you are buying it with a new gun). Such a deal! :giggle:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I don’t have much discretionary income to buy ammo, especially at today’s prices. Nor can I afford range or gun club fees. I have enough ammo to load a few guns 4 to 5 times. If I could shoulder and cheek a rifle, I’d have one and at least 20 loaded mags In today’s political clime.

·
Premium Member
11,542 Posts
Now you've all got me wondering if I should teach a NRA Metallic Cartridge reloading course via Zoom or WebEx conference video call...

The problem is that I could not do the hands on "lab" and make rounds together as part of the class...

Reactions: TTSH
1 - 14 of 14 Posts