Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that's just un-American! I realize that grief and nostalgia can cloud the judgment of even the best of society, so I'll be the first to apologize and offer photos of remembrance to Mr. Crawford for his iconic role in a great old TV series that I remember only as a very young boy. Don't leave me hanging folks, join in! ;)

Wood Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Bottle Green Air gun Trigger Wood

·
Registered
11,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Series, love the pics, but turn off spell checker...we have a hard enough time explaining why we buy more guns, we CANNOT allow the term "Prevention Case" to ever be seen by a wife or estate overseer! ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't think the shrouded ejector rod Detective Special was available when Highway Patrol was filmed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
My 4" bbl HP that was my first handgun... it went on to become my duty revolver when what feels like eons ago, I became a LEO on the local PD where I grew up.

White Revolver Air gun Sleeve Trigger

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think the shrouded ejector rod Detective Special was available when Highway Patrol was filmed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Not sure about that, but the patrol officers in the series carried Model 10's, and Crawford's was also a M10, with a 2" barrel. The show's budget probably couldn't afford the premium guns.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I've got one. I swore off "N" frames for a while. I wasn't going to own anymore. I don't shoot them all that much, so why?

Then this one was being ignored for some reason at "Ali-Babba's House O Guns." I kept waiting for someone else to buy it so I wouldn't have to, but the darn thing just stayed there, mocking me. Yea, they were asking too much for it, but what the heck, it's only money.

It's an early "N" 5 digit S/N. I'm pretty sure it's been refinished, but all the mechanicals check out. I haven't even fired it yet. It's just holding down a spot in the safe. My wife wants to shoot her Python one day this week. Maybe I'll take this one along.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Ammunition Bullet

Revolver Trigger Wood Air gun Everyday carry

I would think the target hammer and trigger are not factory stock either, but who cares? I like them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts