Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lee Breech Lock single stage press. I was depriming some 9MM brass and noticed that some are slightly bulged after the process. I'm fairly new to the reloading game and don't know if it's the brass or did I screw up! And is there a way to salvage the afore mentioned brass?

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Hey Charlie,

Yes. Use a 9X18 LFCD as a De Bulger....

Send the cases through head first.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Hey Charlie,

If you can't be bothered, send them to me. I will de bulge them for you for two cents a pop, plus return postage.

Will eliminate jamming issues due to over size cases (your dies can not reach the "front" of the extractor groove).

Hope this helps.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Hey Charlie,

Use a H'Day Lock/Load bushing to hold the die.

The "floor" is 1/2" plate.

It warms up, I can take pics with a ruler....

The "probe" is a Grade 8 bolt. Had the ram drilled/tapped to 3/8" x 16.

I can do 9mm. 10/40, & 45acp (this started out in life for the 45acp) Had a Lee Case Feeder on it for years.

You can do them one at a time on a regular press. Get a Lee De Bulging Kit.

Or, just get a Lee FCD 9x18 die. Take the guts out. Use a "socket head" cap screw. Grind head so as to fit the ram (in lieu of a shell holder) on your press.

Send them through head first. Will make them about .002" smaller than Minimum.

100% reliable function. Even fixes "Glock Brass".

Later, Mark

·
Registered
19,424 Posts
Don't load 9mm, don't have one but ocasionally I have issues with 45 acp. I use a Hornady die set and the crimp setting tends to bulge the case so I use a Lee dedicated collet crimp. Use one on my 460's and on my 338 Lapua too. Had to special order the 338 Collet crimper, not a stock item. 338 Lapua loads have to have a crimp or recoil will set the pills back in the case in the magazine,

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
If I can find one I'll opt out for the lee kit. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Hey Charlie,

Re Read post #5. Use the 9x18 die. Make your own punch (the Lee is a bit too short any way)

Later, Mark

Reactions: Charlie686
1 - 11 of 11 Posts