Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a model 65 this weekend at the local gun show. It has the 3" barrel an it shoots real nice. I tried it close up, 15 yds, and put them all together almost all holes touching. Then at 35 yards I shot at a 6"X10" steel plate I have hanging up on my shooting range. I was hitting it 6 out of 6 until my barrel started leading up. Then I went to 50% and quit. I shot about 100 rounds through it.
This one is a keeper. I am going to try and post a picture.

John

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, those 3' 65's are beauties.

Mine belonged to my late father who was issued the piece when he was a Sergeant in detectives. When he passed in 2001 I got it.

It's semi retired, doing dresser drawer HD duty stoked with Speer 135 grain GDHP +P's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love the model 65 !

your Model 65 is nice, I have.. one love it! can not believe a 3" bbl could be so accurate!! It is a simple no frills gun in a small package that has a hell of a bark and a dam deadly bite! I will never part with mine! hope you get years of enjoyment out of yours. klgasilBRVO

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I have a mod. 65-4, with square butt and 4 inch barrel, but I concur on the accuracy. My
"65" has one of the best out of the box triggers of any of my S&W's. I thought this was a
individual thing until my best friend picked up a 65-4, his was the same as mine. A three
inch round but 65 or 13 is on my want list. Congrats on a great carry gun, John.

Hank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts