Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
>> following a Big Blast of powder into my shooting glasses today, using "Winchester 333" (whitish box) brand of .22LR. Recently bought this ammo used, but the cardboard is Not discolored. Dozens of rds. from this ammo box was fine until today.
Very 'gun-seasoned' retired guys (at club) thought that an extremely tiny bit of odd 'shine' at the end of the chamber might indicate lead or copper jacket which had scraped off a bullet.

At home with a bright flashlight the chamber reminded me of a very dull brass color (some of you know--). But nein, never before do I See This in einer Pistole oder Gewehr! ....Niemals!

Well, I couldn't even push a round into the chamber, slowly, by hand, but rounds could be literally dropped into my Ruger IV's chamber. Had a Steven Hawking moment (for a dumbass).

It couldn't be a stuck case with no rim... :oops::confused:? The edge of it looks so precise/clean at the end of the chamber. Yes.
The standard cleaning rod for my AKMs - minus the jag - easily pushed out the torn brass case :cool:. This was a weird First in many thousands of rifle and some handgun rounds: Mosin N., Mini 14, Enfield #4s /#5 "Jungles", SKS, AKMs and newish VZ-58 (Czechpoint import from CSA:D).

Previous "puffs" into the face were much smaller - only the .22LR Thunderbolt brand, in a 1950's Savage rifle.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I had a similar ripped rim last summer/fall in a 10-22. Mine was more obvious. It didn’t break off that clean. I popped out the rest of the brass with a cleaning rod, I shot the rest of the box without a problem. I think it was a year old box of Remington Golden.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts