Smith And Wesson Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,166 Posts
Look, I'm an advocate of the 2nd amendment. But, I also know that we are facing extremely negative views with respect to guns. I see this as an opportunity. There are many other problems with our system of government (e.g., congressional ineptitude) that may outweigh an absolute right to own guns. It seems to me that we might find a way to trade some gun rights for a better control over our government. At least, it is a starting point for negotiations. I feel that the liberals will not be able to give up their rights, but they will look like fools if we propose reasonable alternatives.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Look, I'm an advocate of the 2nd amendment. But, I also know that we are facing extremely negative views with respect to guns. I see this as an opportunity. There are many other problems with our system of government (e.g., congressional ineptitude) that may outweigh an absolute right to own guns. It seems to me that we might find a way to trade some gun rights for a better control over our government. At least, it is a starting point for negotiations. I feel that the liberals will not be able to give up their rights, but they will look like fools if we propose reasonable alternatives.
WGG - Are you FRICKING NUTS??? There is NO WAY these communist activists will stop until they have complete control over every facet of our lives. I like your posts. I like you, but putting a foot on the slippery slope of starting to give up our rights in hopes of receiving a reciprocal consideration on issues we believe important is NOT going to cut it!!! If these progressives could legally lock you up and confiscate your property for the benefit of their insane agenda, consider it done. FIGHT them tooth and nail until only the winner has a heartbeat!!! Remember, you can't negotiate with anyone who is unreasonable and ultimately disrespects you and your position. They will only back off and regroup to attack again. Frankly, I prefer to be the attacker and have them respect me!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
"Give an inch..."
Trying to compromise with the anti-gunners is like trying to live peaceably with Muslims.
It would be easier to pee up a rope.

·
Premium Member
19,166 Posts
Ok, Snakedriver. I'm right behind you, General.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you give them some of your rights they'll view it as weakness, then they'll want more then more etc. The only way to beat them is everyone in the same voice tell them a big HELL NO!!! ;mcp9jhgva;o

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I am not a criminal. My guns have never committed a crime, nor have they ever been used in the commission of a crime.
I will not be made a criminal because of the actions by a few sick people.
I will not give up my fight to stop the criminals, or to keep the innocent gun owners from being branded as criminals.

If gun confiscation is ever approved it will be the greatest crime this country could possibly undertake against its citizens. I will not agree to such a violation of my rights.
My rights under the Constitution of the United States are not negotiable.

I believe without any doubt, that if the US government passes any law that allows the confiscation of guns legally owned and obtained under law, it will be the beginning of the greatest and most violent civil war the world has ever seen. My representatives in the government must stand to uphold my rights, and not to take them away.

I am only one of millions, and collectively we can quickly become the world’s largest armed force. Do not underestimate the power of "We the People", and may God continue to guide and bless America.

Any member of this forum that would like to use this is welcome to it.
Gregory
Gregory, I'll stand with you!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am not a criminal. My guns have never committed a crime, nor have they ever been used in the commission of a crime.
I will not be made a criminal because of the actions by a few sick people.
I will not give up my fight to stop the criminals, or to keep the innocent gun owners from being branded as criminals.

If gun confiscation is ever approved it will be the greatest crime this country could possibly undertake against its citizens. I will not agree to such a violation of my rights.
My rights under the Constitution of the United States are not negotiable.

I believe without any doubt, that if the US government passes any law that allows the confiscation of guns legally owned and obtained under law, it will be the beginning of the greatest and most violent civil war the world has ever seen. My representatives in the government must stand to uphold my rights, and not to take them away.

I am only one of millions, and collectively we can quickly become the world’s largest armed force. Do not underestimate the power of "We the People", and may God continue to guide and bless America.

Any member of this forum that would like to use this is welcome to it.
Gregory
You used the word God , you must be one of them crazy right wingers. No wonder they banned you.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Imma save some time here.....post deleted!(mine will need be physically taken)Mike

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Why is it when we are asked to "compromise" with the Left, we always end up with fewer rights than we had to start with?

We've been compromising for nigh on 2 centuries, and we have been compromised into a small little niche.. The Second Amendment is very clear - says nothing about restricting this, or background checking that, or reducing capacity of the other thing.

When they start wanting to compromise on say, background checks at gun shows, then they can compromise by repealing the NFA, for starters. Then if they want something else, they can compromise by repealing magazine limits! We need to roll these jerks BACK UP, not let them keep rolling us back.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I will only ask this question as it has not been asked or talked about. Make no bones about it...we will see our 2nd civil war if the goverment tries to take or ban firearms. We will win and there is no doubt about it. What I am afraid of is after all this blood has been spilled, and there will be a lot of it, what is going to happen then? If it is just to win and go home, then I would be really up set. Now if, we are going to make some "CHANGES", I will be more than happy to fight it to the end.

Changes...
Lets look at the elected officials voting history and if they have voted on bills that are not constitutional, then they go to jail.
Limit their terms to 2 times elected.
A 1 year course on Constitution Law. We have military and police that get trained before they get a job with a gun...and you want to give power to some one with a pen!
Money make thru their time as elected officials because they are in the loop of things, ie knowledge of things, taken and pay off on our debt.
Elected officials are no better than us. What is good enough for the American people is good enough for them.
Do away with the IRS...fair tax law to be put into place. EVERYONE pays.

Changes...
Let us stop and look at the laws that are not working and do away with them. We can take a step or two backwards!
A bill that is introduced is a bill...not BILLS...no piggy backing or tail coating...a bill is a bill, one subject. It will either pass or die, but is will be on one subject.

Changes...
National CCW permit for the whole united states.
Everyone does 4 years of military service...it will give them a standard that they can take over into civilian life.
Bring God back, this country is based on a Covenant with him! True. Might be a couple of you who know it, but it is not taught any more! Least we forget!

Well, do not want to over do it. There is more...but later.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It seems I've read the OP's thread somewhere else....deja vu?

·
Super Moderator
19,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It seems I've read the OP's thread somewhere else....deja vu?
This has been posted on quite a few different forums over the past year. So it's quite possible it's been seen elsewhere by you and a few others.
The original post was the reason I was perminantly booted out of two other forums. It was locked down in about a half dozen others and deleted in 3 or 4.
It's too controversial for some to stomache. The moderators felt it was too strong for their members to deal with. That certainly seems to be the case, since political discussion is forbidden on so many other forums.
I'm going to close this now. It's run it's course for now.

Reactions: msharley

·
Super Moderator
19,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I think it's time to re-open this old thread of mine. Here we go again. A crazed maniac goes on a killing spree, and now we're the bad guys again.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
933 Posts
"I am only one of millions, and collectively we can quickly become the world’s largest armed force. Do not underestimate the power of 'We the People', ..." - According to at least one historical account of the Second World War, this is precisely the reason why the Japanese did not consider attempting an invasion of the USA.

·
Super Moderator
19,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
This post got me banned on 3 different forums, simply because the moderators and staff on them thought this was subversive.
I still know that they were wrong, but it's their loss, not mine.
I wrote this on January 5th, 2013. It was in response to the gun grabbing liberals trying to pass new laws to make some of my guns illegal. This was about 1 month after the Sandy Hook murders, and all of the gun control that went with it. The sad part of this letter it that it's still a valid argument. I plan to never give up my guns, unless it's through a legitimate sale to another gun owner. The government will play hell if they think they can ever legally ban and confiscate the gun so many think are at fault for the ills of this world. The lack of humanity and social skills has brought about the near downfall of man, and I will protect my rights to protect my home, family and friends to the best of my ability. And if that means fighting with all I have, so be it.

·
Registered
15,329 Posts
The founders believed the rights in the bill of rights were God given and were not to be granted or taken away by any government. Too many people are too dumb or don't care to know that.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts