Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
NWDave, they were demonstrating for early payment of a promised bonus for WWI service. President Hoover ordered Army Chief of Staff Douglas MacArthur to clean them out. Accompanied by his aide D.D. Eisenhower, it was done.

You good ole boys try to sandbag a shanty town around the Washington Monument, you may see it again.

There was no armed resistance to the FFA of 1935, the GCA of 1968, the 1994 ASW ban or anything else I recall. I am not so naive to accept there may be phenominal noncompliance to any future legislation. But an armed issurrection over one layer more of restriction, no. And, I do not believe ratcheting up the rhetorict does us our cause any service.

Poor peaceful Canada just concluded 8 years of massive civil disobedience with respect to their unrestricted long guns, and won. We may see something akin to that here. Yahoo News is questioning whether a bill can make it to the Senate floor much less the House. So now the sky is falling?

·
Registered
457 Posts
But Waidmann, we should'nt worry over just one more layer of gun control? How many more layers will it take before you get angry? Sorry but I respectfully disagree on this!

·
Registered
117 Posts
My LGS had a visit last week from the ATFD, they went back several years in his books (both repair log and sales log) and wrote down all the details of every "assault weapon" that has passed thru his shop, including name and address of owner.
Thought they were barred by law from creating a registry?
The implications are scary.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
NWDave, they were demonstrating for early payment of a promised bonus for WWI service. President Hoover ordered Army Chief of Staff Douglas MacArthur to clean them out. Accompanied by his aide D.D. Eisenhower, it was done.

You good ole boys try to sandbag a shanty town around the Washington Monument, you may see it again.

There was no armed resistance to the FFA of 1935, the GCA of 1968, the 1994 ASW ban or anything else I recall. I am not so naive to accept there may be phenominal noncompliance to any future legislation. But an armed issurrection over one layer more of restriction, no. And, I do not believe ratcheting up the rhetorict does us our cause any service.

Poor peaceful Canada just concluded 8 years of massive civil disobedience with respect to their unrestricted long guns, and won. We may see something akin to that here. Yahoo News is questioning whether a bill can make it to the Senate floor much less the House. So now the sky is falling?
Just when, do you propose taking action? When there's a knock at your door?
What we're seeing now is much more serious than The Gun Control Act of 1968 (which by the way was backed by the NRA)
This is also much more wide spread and sweeping than the original AWB in 1994.

Have you read what Senator Feinstein will be bringing to the Senate floor?
We now, as of yesterday have VP Biden and NYC Mayor Bloomberg heading up a panel to look at what measures can / should be taken.
Don't forget the Impostor in the White House has made a living the last four years, sidestepping congress and wiping his butt on our Constitution.

Sticking ones fingers in their ears and singing la,la,la,la,la,la, does not, nor will not make this go away.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Amen!!!

·
Premium Member
19,166 Posts
We should believe that our government, when faced with overthrow, will use whatever resources and firepower they have to put it down. Just like Syria. After all, they can apologize later like they did with American-Japanese internment or violations of numerous treaties with the American Indians. Folks who oppose them will be just as dead or interned. I'm afraid that the only answer is to eliminate our military and go back to armed militia. Then, the government's firearms are back in the hands of the citizens. That's the only modern way that armed populace can defend themselves against a government. But, that just isn't realistic. Once you establish a military run by the government, the rights to overthrow by force are impotent because the people do not have access to the resources that the government provides to its military unless outside the country assistance is provided. We the People have created this mess politically. The only way to resolve it without a war is politically. Maybe we need to face reality and revise the 2nd Amendment. Maybe offering a revised 2nd Amendment with a new Amendment that establishes salaries of elected officials being based on median income and employment with term limits is a way to compromise. I'd think hard about giving up a right to own ANY and as many firearms I wanted to achieve that.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Never dreamed that after all these years, a stroke of a pen could make me a felon. So be it!!:mad:
I saw on Fox news today about a possible executive order concerning this gun control nonsense. I'm afraid they will push a national gun owners registry. I'm with Gregory...I will not give up any firearm that I own no matter what the make or model. If every gun owner hangs together then we will not hang seperatly. We are not criminals and should not be treated as such.jagap[a Best regards Dick

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Why would you expect to be treated any different than than those who challenged a dictator in Iraq, Lybia, Egypt, or Syria?

With a bill being submitted to the senate to end term limits for the president, what makes you think that he won't go to the same lengths to remain in power as Assad?

You can bet on an executive order on gun control.. He ain't gonna waste time with the congress, when he can hand out imperial decrees and nobody is there to oppose them.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Do not put anything past the gang we now have in DC, Calif. N.Y. etc.
Remember that the decision "upholding " the 2nd amendment was only 5to 4. Obama will get to put 2 or 3 justices on the Suprmem Court during the next 4 years.
Plus, who knows how many Federal judges.
They may not call for outright confiscation, but what do you think it amounts to when a law is passed that you cannot sell, trade or bequeth certain guns? Australians probably did not think confiscation either, but taking guns (and not just semi's remember) and giving you pennies on the dollar is the same thing IMHO.
Stopping rant to the choir now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
unfortunately our "representatives" have circled the wagons to protect their private
club long ago. Outragious is about all i can think of.

Reactions: bubo and NWDave

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
During the Revolutionary War, roughly 3 percent of the population actively engaged in warfare against the Kings Army.
Last count I remember, we have approx. 100 million gun owners on the U.S.
If 3 percent will stand again against the unlawful tyranny being proposed, that would field an army of 3 million.
There's not very much that COULDN'T be attained with a force that size.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hell one percent would be a sizable force!! Granted if we met them in a open field of battle we would probly be wiped out, but in covert hit and run battles gun owners could do a heck of a lot of damage!

·
Registered
20,187 Posts
Guy, I like the guy's message, but I don't particularly like the guy....he's got a strange way about him. Needless to say......or maybe not, I have never gotten much response from my fellow forumites whenever I have proposed that we, gunowners, should not just sit back and wait to respond to the anti-gunners. We should take the initiative, and demand our full rights under the Constitution! Let them respond to our demands!!!!

But, even the NRA (and GOAL) does nothing........ until we are challenged by the Anti's with more laws. Then....they respond. :rolleyes: That's too late!!!! We need to take the initiative and DEMAND the rights that have already been taken away. In some states it is already repressive! (like Mass. and Cal. and a handful others) We shouldn't allow this to exist in a free (supposedly) country. WE have the rights.....THEY take them away. If that's not repression.....I don't know what is. :eek: Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't normally get involved with this sort of stuff on line but I will here. I've been around long enough in this life and in the greatest country ever that I realize that what we have is something blessed and special. Our way of life and all the freedoms we enjoy have been paid for with great suffering and blood. We have let the lowest forms of life get into government and over the years insidiously try to destroy America. Yeah, yeah, it's been going on for a long while and maybe in tiny ways for the most part....but THIS group who believes they are totally in charge, and their secret backers, will not stop trying to make life miserable for all. I cannot help but think about our children, our grandchildren, and beyond and what their lives will be if this evil continues. We all must remember that we have a Constitution that is being spat upon and ignored. Many leaders no longer care about the law....or us. They continue to indoctrinate students in school, lie without impunity and have the greatest propaganists of all time...the major media. All that should not just anger real Americans; it should make us sad. I know that solving all this sickness seems insurmountable. Most of us still believe in doing the right thing and obeying the law but when we are literally losing our country we must make a stand. There are indeed millions who feel this way and they are not criminals. They are Americans who I believe have finally had it. I cannot tell anyone what to do nor do I want to but I personally have seen enough to know that the very life is being drained from each and every one of us. I believe in the good people of America; I believe in doing the right thing and that means following what the founding fathers laid out. I, for one, will not be hiding or burying any arms that I have a right to own. If they want them, they can come and ask for them...my answer will be no, sir.....and the rest is up to them. It will be their call and the call of our so-called leaders...locally, statewide or federally. We will learn much in the very near future.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ In years past, an attitude like that was called patriotic...and it still is by me.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Sold all my guns due to personal hardship. Sold them to students who wanted to arm themselves on campus at Screw U University. If they want to confiscate them, they can see the campus organizer, Helen Waite.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts