Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have officially begun my quest for the holy grail, or at least it is MY grail gun. I have wanted a 3.5" model 27 for quite some time. I started watching them on Gun Broker about 2 months ago and saved the finish auctions, so I have a pretty good idea of what they are going for. If anyone knows of a shop, friend or neighbor that would like sell one, hit me up with a PM containing contact info, and I will take it from there. I plan to contact the gun shop that sold me the nickel model 36 a couple month ago to see if he can find me one. He has 2 or 3 nice model 27's in presentation cases but they have longer barrels. This is pretty much a new situation for me. Usually I go to a shop just looking to see what they have. Targets of opportunity more or less. It's not often I go looking for a specific revolver. After years of "Window Shopping" for a model 27, it seems almost unreal to be actually in the market for one. 1911 has been quite the tease lately, especially with that Registered Magnum.
Why don't you guys that have a 3.5" model 27, post pictures here for me. It will be good therapy for my revolver illness until I can hold one in my hands

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Happen to have a 3-1/2" M 625......

Attachments

·
Registered
black powder shooter
4,287 Posts
they certainly have the eye-candy about them.. price point stays high on them pretty ones though :eek:

I did pick up a nice 3.5 shooter out of texas years ago - didn't pay a lot for it and once I got to shoot it a whole bunch never had the urge to trade up on it.

These days i tend to shoot the 1911s and other wheelguns more often, if 357 is on the menu the stainless 686 is so much easier on the cleanup and maintenance ..

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I hope you find a nice one at a reasonable price soon. Here are a couple of mine, the nickel one was a FHP Officer’s gun.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel

1 - 20 of 42 Posts