• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's from a car forum.

I said I would use my 2A Rights and concealed permits to protect myself, my family, and my fellow citizens. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
You should NEVER let anyone know that you carry. If you do you might as well carry a sign that says I have a gun. IMHO Does not apply to LEOS.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
Well, at least with a firearm you have the 2nd Amendment. There is no delineated right in the Constitution guaranteeing car ownership and it's not even up for debate that cars kill drastically more people each year than firearms can come close to matching. In Arizona the last couple of years we've been plagued with 'wrong way' drivers on our local freeways. I'm much more fearful of that than I am of getting into a gunfight. :(

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sounds like the grief you’re getting came from someone on the Prius forum!
Who cares what others think? It’s what you think that matters. I happen to agree with you, but others may not.
It’s their right, just like it’s your right to carry and protect yourself and your family.

·
Registered
19,628 Posts
Nobody knows that I have an LTC, and that I sometimes carry, but the local police, my wife, and a neighbor, a couple doors down, who also carries. He doesn't care who knows.....says 'it's his right'. He even brags about it! Like I should be impressed. I not!!!! ;) Bob

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
I carry concealed everywhere it is legal. Even at home. Must say times have changed drastically and I do not trust anyone anymore but my family. Am surprised at how many people show their concealed weapons. I have councilled many people I have met that maybe thought was smart or challenging to let people know they were carrying. One question I ask them, if you were a shooter and knew who had a weapon, who would be the first you would target. They think, then the light bulb comes on and they say I see the point, thanks. People just do not think things through. This forum I say this and am on no other forum but Ruger and Colt.

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Sounds like the grief you’re getting came from someone on the Prius forum!
Who cares what others think? It’s what you think that matters. I happen to agree with you, but others may not.
It’s their right, just like it’s your right to carry and protect yourself and your family.
A Prius or a Tesla...Greenies are weenies.

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Depends. Michigan is legal open carry and has been for a long, long time. Having said that I have a CCW and when I'm armed and carrying concealed, I don't broadcast it. When I open carry everyone can see it so no hiding the fact that my dad's 44 is on my hip. Same applies to handgun hunting but the woods is a different venue entirely.

Of course I'm in favor of 2A and the right to bear arms but with discretion. With the current political climate, indescretion can get you in the grinder and quickly.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
If you carry, always carry.
Don't talk about it.
Never carry for any one but yourself and your family.
Everyone else is on their own. We are all on our own.
If someone else benefits from what I have to do for me and my family; lucky them. They won't have to hire a lawyer.

What else can I say? It's nobody's business.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Weird subject and answers. If you live in an open carry state open carry on the 2nd. "Every 2nd matters." Smile a lot and make eye contact with people.

Help normalize the carrying of firearms to the general public.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I suppose some people are under the delusion I care what they think. Yes, I always carry, if they don't like it they are free to buzz off. I may carry open, I may carry concealed. If I wanted others opinions whether I should or not I'd ask for them... can't recall wanting any.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Only 2 car forums I am on. One you will get banned really quick for talking about "pleasure wands." Owned by a sissy lib New Englander.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's from a car forum.

I said I would use my 2A Rights and concealed permits to protect myself, my family, and my fellow citizens. What is your opinion?
For the most part ... It’s not my job to protect my fellow citizens.

Myself? Family? Friends? Sure.

Average Joe on the street? *shrug* Hey, he could’ve armed himself. I’m not responsible for the entire world.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
For the most part ... It’s not my job to protect my fellow citizens.

Myself? Family? Friends? Sure.

Average Joe on the street? *shrug* Hey, he could’ve armed himself. I’m not responsible for the entire world.
Repeat after me, "I am not a cop." One of the first things we learned in our permit class.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I know a couple of fellas who are only too happy to tell everyone that they carry , one even has one of those silly CCW badges. I think they're both cop wannabes and I told them so. Never tip your hand.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts