Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere in one of the threads on the Forum, I read an article about the early Hydra-Shock rounds. As it happens I have a partial box of those rounds, I know not where they came from or how I have them. As the pictures show, the bullet shape is markedly different from the Federal product. I am a fan of Hydra-Shocks and have carried them often.

·
Super Moderator
35,557 Posts
I know when we were cleaning out the closets and inventorying everything we found a number of boxes of Hydra-Shock bullets, perhaps 200 of 9mm and 300 of .45 ACP.

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
I have a full box in 44RM. Probably never use them. I prefer loading my own and it's always Sierra boolets.

Reactions: gearchecker

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
My avatar picture blowing up a hard, thick cinder block was from a 629/6.5" loaded with Remington 240gr JSPs. Chunks of the block landed over 25 feet away, the green bottle filled with water sent hundreds of tiny ~1mm-2mm plastic shards everywhere, one of the more exciting range sessions. :)

There are a number of .357mag bullet designs that perform very well against bone and soft tissue, an excellent caliber for wound trauma incapacitation. :)

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Scroll to inventions in 1988 or so. This guy invented them, Federal later bought the rights.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Burczynski was a genius in getting pistol bullets to expand. I shot Starfire in a 9mm, and the recoil was mild. And they opened up very well.

I want to get some .45 Auto +P HydraShok, which I am certain will put a punk down, with 1 shot.

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
'''all along I thought Hydra Shocks were on '57 DeSoto's ".... :p

Reactions: Ratpacker
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.