Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this rifle in 30-06 . Barrel is stamped. A. Sweden 327811 Nitro with crown design above Nitro. Anybody have any info on this? I picked it up as a hunting rifle for my son.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,248 Posts

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
I have / had one (Smith and Wesson trademarked) Husky 98 Small Mauser action I bought an estate sale unfired in preservative. I cleaned it and subsequently built loads for it. it shoots sub moa at 200 yards consistently with Bergers in Lapua brass.

The stock trigger (60's vintage) leaves a lot to be desired but you can replace it with a Timney #301 featherweight trigger. Mine is my backup stick for when I go on hunts. I think (my opinion only) that it has possibly the smoothest bolt action and lockup of any stick I own and I own some very expensive custom built long guns.

Smith only imported about 1500 into this country before switching to Howa and then discontinued them altogether. You can trace the lineage on the Husky website btw.

I'm very careful with mine as mine is in pristine condition and I am the only person to ever fire it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Mine is still in the safe. Most of the 98 actions were built by FN, the balance by Husky. 96 actions are largely all husky. A number of U.S. firms rebranded Husky rifles.

·
Premium Member
16,900 Posts
Mine is a Husqvarna HVA imported by High Standard For Sears, marked J. C. Higgins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts