Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
.455 Triple Lock, Commercial gun that was sold to an individual officer in England (never in government stock). Came back and was, unfortunately, converted to .45 Colt. This is what I got from S&W Historian Roy Jenks:

".455 H.E. First Model serial 5642 is one of the rare commercial shipments. It was shipped in April 1915. I hope that this helps. Roy"

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
A couple of Regulation Police Targets 1917, 1919

A 38 DA 1890's

Triplelock 1909

Model of 1899 shipped 1900

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Well... for me it would be easier to list the ones less than 100 years old. A quick check and I'm finding that well over half my firearms are past the century mark age-wise. Here's a pair of my oldest Smiths, single actions. A 38 from around 1875, the 32 a decade later.

This pair of Stevens model 35 are my oldest non S&W. Its hard to date them because records were destroyed in a fire after WWI but I am sure by the barrel stampings that the bottom one is pre 1916, while the other may not make the 100 year mark.

I have a rack of old single shot rifles: rollers, trapdoor, Stevens of various models, a pair of 1885 Winchesters. All except a Stevens Model 34 favorite and 414 Armory are certainly 100+ years.
Half of my Model 94 Winchesters are century guns. Plus a Marlin 93. I'm down to three bolt action rifles and two of them are older military sporters that still see action every fall.
A couple of my newest rifles are reproductions of older models: have a pair of Sharps rifles and a model 92 Rossi. That last one is probably the youngest gun in my stable.
Cartridge wise, I don't have a single rifle round that wasn't born less than 100 years ago. And in the handgun field, only my .357 and 41 rem mag are "new".
Are you guys seeing a pattern here? 😁
I guess my gun room is a museum of sorts. I even have a pile of old ideal reloading tools to keep them company.

All this old stuff keeps me young.

"Timetripper" John

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
1903/1904 S&W 32-20. Used to keep bums off of the train (narrow gauge) in the Southern parts of Colorado. Been in the same family since new and still tight as a tick. Grips are correct per Jinks letter..
Forgot the Winchester 1897. Purchase in 1920. Been in the same family as above for 101 years. Darn thing is so long I could barely get it in the photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,921 Posts
A little variety...

This Swiss Luger was made in 1904 - now 107 years old... complete with holster and cleaning kit.

It's part of the second phase contract that established the semi-automatic pistol in the first military to adopt this technology.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
A little variety...

This Swiss Luger was made in 1904 - now 107 years old... complete with holster and cleaning kit.

View attachment 513203

It's part of the second phase contract that established the semi-automatic pistol in the first military to adopt this technology.
What's in those two cylinders?

·
Premium Member
12,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,921 Posts
German Mauser 71/84

These early Mausers were among the first to be converted to use Smokeless Powder. Your rifle is in extraordinary condition. What caliber is it in? Is it converted to Smokeless Powder? Does it have a 2 lug or 3 lug bolt?

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts