Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the center of Arizona! Immigrated here legally from western Pa in 05, lifelong hunter and long gun shooter, got interested in semi-auto pistols since the hunting rules here are so ridiculous. Always figured if you want good info on something find the guys who live and breath the brand. I'm here to learn the secret number code and maybe contribute a bit.

Jeff

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
welcome01 and hello from south of you. Snow on the Black Hills/Mingus Mountain yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
azmick said:
welcome01 and hello from south of you. Snow on the Black Hills/Mingus Mountain yet?
No snow yet, it was 80 today!

Hi Wendy, recognize you from tearing up the political threads on Rugerforum.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Howdy, how do yuh like that Arizona desert? I've been here in the Southwest so long I know all the lizards by their front name. Livin' in yucca country where the lizards are out all winter suits me just fine. I like it so much, goin' around the coffee pot lookin' for the handle about covers the extent of my travels since I got here.

Welcome from the Great and Sovereign State of Texas!

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

What about Arizona's hunting laws do you find ridiculous? Just curious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forester said:
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

What about Arizona's hunting laws do you find ridiculous? Just curious.
Well, anything in size from a turkey on up you have a lottery. And you have to pick a unit (defined area) to hunt in. The units with higher success rates are harder to draw a tag for. There's supposedly some kind of system that the more years you don't draw the better your chances are for the next year. Of course some people are lucky and draw a tag almost every year... Here you don't decide you want to hunt mule deer or elk or turkey, you send in you app and money as see if you get lucky and are allowed to hunt. And some units have a quota, if X number of deer get shot the hunting stops. Too aggrevating for me. In Pa you get a hunting license and hunt what you want where you want with a few exceptions (like elk and bear). So being interested in pistols now I'm actually shooting more that I have in lots of years and there's lots of them out there to try!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi armedinAz,

A warm welcome to the forum. welcome01

Visit and post often. hpzl;n;

1 - 14 of 14 Posts