Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,716 Posts
It's a regional thing. In Chicago, it's "pop". Around Raleigh it's "soda", but we've been infected from the NorthEast in the urban area.

Here's the supposed "research" on this:

Map Ecoregion World Font Rectangle

Yeah... it has it's own website:

Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
In Maine it's called 'Phosphate'.....

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey Dave,

Looks like fun to me!

Ever try spinning the lids off a Gator Ade bottle?

'Bout 1/2 full of water..lid on "loose"...if you hit it right...the lid will "unscrew" and sail a bit.......similar to a frisbee...

Later, Mark

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Here in Central Florida where I grew up we don't call it pop. Everything is Coke or Coca Cola. Never heard pop used by a Southerner. I have heard soda water used by people in the South.
Wife is from Wisconsin. It's POP up there

Here it is soda but Florida is such a melting pot who knows. I say soda.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
in the 50’s in Evansville Indiana we called it “soda pop“, except for my aunt that called it “sodie pop”. It was actually a brand called Double Cola. Moved to northwest Indiana and it was just “pop”.

·
Registered
418 Posts
We always just drank it.. :) Not so much anymore, as I cant tolerate the sugar like I used to.
When I was a kid, we only had soda pop a couple times a year. It was a real treat and we never wasted a drop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Dave,

Looks like fun to me!

Ever try spinning the lids off a Gator Ade bottle?

'Bout 1/2 full of water..lid on "loose"...if you hit it right...the lid will "unscrew" and sail a bit.......similar to a frisbee...

Later, Mark
That sounds like fun ! I'll try that :)

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey Dave,

The one ice tea bottle works well, also...(gold peak??)

You want a bottle with a larger lid than what is found on most soda/pop bottles...

Sure can use up one's "stash" of 22 ammo........in an afternoon! 🤣

Another fun thing, is to tape NECCO wafers on mason's twine...a lot of fun with a slight breeze!

(I have idled away a few afternoons & cases of 22 ammo....):LOL:

Back when it was CHEAP!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
I love orange Crush in a bottle but when I found out where it was bottled at, that was the end for me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts