Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i did a little video on how to properly field clean a firearm, i thought i would do it because when i had my shop it was one of the most asked questions and a decided i would do a little video for those who wanted to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax-K0hWIJXM

·
Registered
17,245 Posts
Interesting. I own no bronze bore brushes and will never use them. I only use nylon bore brushes and carbon fiber cleaning rods. But then I never shoot lead pills, only FMJ's.

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Nice video.:)
Will be helpful for those unfamiliar with properly cleaning their firearm.

Reactions: TheHobbyGunsmith

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Okay, HGS, nice. I wonder what topics people might ask for? There will pistols seen less often like a Makarov or some long guns.

Most topics have already been addressed some where already. And a bunch of guys on this site, no offense intended, could show even the average working gunsmith a thing or three.

Mostly I am into wheelguns and have reached the level where I know when to stop and to head for my gunsmith. after some easy basics - Some simple stoning, changing springs etc.

I have carefully watched many great Youtube videos made by knowledgeable people. Of course there are the ones made by wantabees.

What tickles me is the hundreds and hundreds of gun review made by people who have had their XDs45 or whatever gun for two weeks or maybe a month. And they want to share a total review - 200 to 400 rounds down range is all they have done.

The biggest exception is Nutnfancy's deep, organized and detailed reviews. Will someone wake me a few minutes before he wraps up. Nay, he is good. And I appreciate the videos that ha and his son made of his local gunsmith showing jobs that a careful gun owner could do by following the video. He provides a good service.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
For heavily leaded barrels, I'll even use a stainless steel bore brush.
Just don't be too aggressive and only a few passes before switching back to a bronze brush.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Good video for "beginning" hobbyists! I use a sonic cleaner on my "Tupperware" and others. Then Ballistol the Heck and wipe down! I use Ballistol for the bores and it keeps Leading to a monimum. fwiw

·
Registered
17,245 Posts
Good video for "beginning" hobbyists! I use a sonic cleaner on my "Tupperware" and others. Then Ballistol the Heck and wipe down! I use Ballistol for the bores and it keeps Leading to a monimum. fwiw
I actually remove the grip panels on my older Rugers and dunk them in total in a ultrasonic bath. Easiest way to clean them.

Reactions: TheHobbyGunsmith

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice video.:)
Will be helpful for those unfamiliar with properly cleaning their firearm.
Thank You sir i appreciate it.

Okay, HGS, nice. I wonder what topics people might ask for? There will pistols seen less often like a Makarov or some long guns.

Most topics have already been addressed some where already. And a bunch of guys on this site, no offense intended, could show even the average working gunsmith a thing or three.

Mostly I am into wheelguns and have reached the level where I know when to stop and to head for my gunsmith. after some easy basics - Some simple stoning, changing springs etc.

I have carefully watched many great Youtube videos made by knowledgeable people. Of course there are the ones made by wantabees.

What tickles me is the hundreds and hundreds of gun review made by people who have had their XDs45 or whatever gun for two weeks or maybe a month. And they want to share a total review - 200 to 400 rounds down range is all they have done.

The biggest exception is Nutnfancy's deep, organized and detailed reviews. Will someone wake me a few minutes before he wraps up. Nay, he is good. And I appreciate the videos that ha and his son made of his local gunsmith showing jobs that a careful gun owner could do by following the video. He provides a good service.
Im open to suggestions on what you guys want to see and learn.

Thank You i hope to get better at the videos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts