Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's alllllll in the holster! I picked up this floral carved, Yaqui slide holster with a dyed background on Ebay. I have many, many holsters and other items from El Paso Saddlery and I know what this holster cost and how long it would take to wait for it to be made. I just couldn't resist it. It sure makes the all black, basic Glock look better, right?

-Steve

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nope, it's still a Glock.
But it's in a very nice rig. I can see a nickle plated Colt 1911 in 38 Super with some ivory grips riding in that rig. But not a Glock.
The Glock gots no soul, it would just look better in a Blackhawk Serpa and it would be just as happy there.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, the Glock has no soul and "it would just look better in a Blackhawk Serpa," but I've already got one of those!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Lipstick on a pig ! :)
Ain't no way to make em look better. lol

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Steve, you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. Now, this is what I'm talkin' bout...

:lol:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The carved holster makes that Glock look great!

Your Glock is a superior service/battle weapon, IMO. There are many service weapons that aren't particularly pretty - maybe even ugly. Personally, I consider a plain-Jane M-10 to be mighty homely, but I wouldn't hesitate to dress her up in a fine carved holster rig like this one. :)

xtm

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chutch, actually that's not a belt buckle. It's a pewter coin. It has the Glock Perfection logo on the other side. It's big and heavy. R. Lee Ermey gave it to me himself. He shook my hand and said, "Don't let everyone see this or they'll all want one. I only have a few." He snuck it into my palm during our handshake....

·
Registered
600 Posts
That is a nice set up. Great story about the coin, I have seen the posters that say 'there are many like it but this one is mine'. Anything that functions reliably is a beautiful thing IMO. On mine I just had night sights and a mag plug put in. I inlaid skateboard tape into the slide serrations just in case it gets wet, or I am wearing gloves, or I just ate some fried chicken. James

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well built, efficient and reliable pistols look good in well built, efficient, classic holsters...

Great pistol :mrgreen: in a great holster :mrgreen: ...

For those looking for "soul" in ferrous and/or even aluminum alloys to the exclusion of polymers allow me to suggest therapy in the form of an Aretha Franklin LP in 33 1/3 ;) ...

I doubt everyone appreciates classic, nickeled, ivory barbeque guns in classic calibers; I'm just at a loss as to when I last heard a priest of polymer denigrate said barbeque guns ;) ...

Just wondering aloud :? ...

As for me, both hold a certain allure :!: :mrgreen: ...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$57 shipped. I believe that the dyed background, floral carved Yaqui Slide from EPS would have been $85 + shipping and about a 6 month wait from EPS. I couldn't pass it up because I use my Glock 23 in "off-duty" pistol competition and I use a Fobus holster. This one will be just as fast to draw from a concealed (jacket covered) position, but it will have alot more "style!"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts