Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed on the News tonight about empty shelves at local stores. Forget finding hand sanitizer or Clorox.

How long will it be before there is a run on handguns and ammo?

Have you seen prices going up where you live?

I found one story online about ammo sales.

"American ammo retailer Ammo.com has revealed that people are not only buying the garden variety protective stuff, they're also stocking up on things that can kill."

·
Registered
16,227 Posts
We were in Walmart yesterday getting afew things and everything as normal. Hand Sanitizer everywhere for use. Only depleted shelf I saw was the dried beans. Have a feeling will need a Gas Mask when those are all used. The masses are easier to control if scared of something.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There will always be a certain number of Chicken Littles during an event like the present Chi-Com virus scare. Nobody in my area is wearing an idiot mask.
The only ones who should be are those who already have some communicable disease--even a minor cold. Those, however, are usually the AHs who don't bother. In Japan, S. Korea, Singapore, those who move around in public coughing without a mask will be made sorry they didn't by the people around them--there, spreading your germs is regarded as the worst kind of anti-social behavior.

·
Super Moderator
19,231 Posts
I have nearly 40 ammo cans that are all full. Most cartridges from 22 short up to and including 2 cans of 50 BMG.
I bought all of it for fun times at the range, but I can use some of it for trade fodder if times get rough. And plenty for personal protection, if the times get rougher.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I have noticed a few local gun stores cashing in on the new anti gun laws to take effect very soon. several stores that have been closed on Monday and Tuesday are now open 6 days a week. ( the seed of greed ). Gun sales are way up all over the state. I think demand will out strip supply on the less expensive fire arms due to the fact that folks that have never thought about owning a gun are now buying guns. And then there's the criminal element that doesn't give a rip what happens...they will always get the guns they require...

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I have nearly 40 ammo cans that are all full. Most cartridges form 22 short up to and including 2 cans of 50 BMG.
I bought all of it for fun times at the range, but I can use some of it for trade fodder if times get rough. And plenty for personal protection, if the times get rougher.
+1.. I'm always well stocked (and it's all in large sealed ammo cans). Thousands of loaded rounds in every caliber I shoot. 8 pound jugs of powder, full boxes of primers, ammo cans full of pre prepped brass ready to load, boxes of pills too. I don't need to ever buy 'makings' ever again...... Stuff never gets tale when stored properly.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
The one table that tells it all:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

Bash at the President, and win in Virginia and drive monthly gun sales to 2.9 million per month (that's enough to arm 1 percent of the adult population every month with a newly transferred gun) every month.

https://www.census.gov/popclock/

I suspect that people that are buying guns now don't panic easily because they know they can do something should things turn nasty. I just wish more of them would seek training so that they would be more useful and effective.

·
Banned
918 Posts
We were in Walmart yesterday getting afew things and everything as normal. Hand Sanitizer everywhere for use. Only depleted shelf I saw was the dried beans. Have a feeling will need a Gas Mask when those are all used. The masses are easier to control if scared of something.
OP, dang, get a grip, dude.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
The one table that tells it all:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

Bash at the President, and win in Virginia and drive monthly gun sales to 2.9 million per month (that's enough to arm 1 percent of the adult population every month with a newly transferred gun) every month.

https://www.census.gov/popclock/

I suspect that people that are buying guns now don't panic easily because they know they can do something should things turn nasty. I just wish more of them would seek training so that they would be more useful and effective.
Along those lines and not to be construed as anything more than what I state.....

Before I killed my first large game animal I did some contemplating about just that. Could I?, Would I or would I waffle when the 'moment of truth' was at hand, my finger was on the trigger and I had the scope dialed in and the animal was in my cross hairs? Then the thought about all the 'work' after the kill, the taking it apart and cutting up a warm carcass, removing the entrails and quartering the meat for transporting, the real work begins after the shot, not before. The before part is the consternation leading up to the 'act'.

That time came and went long ago. Once you make your first clean kill shot (and sometimes it takes 2 shots to bring down a large animal, especially at a distance), the second and third and forth and so on become more of a learned and accepted reflex action. I don't even think about the 'act anymore. I draw down and squeeze and watch in my scope to see the animal hunch up, a sure sign of a good hit.

I can apply that to a human just like a game animal, the only difference is the human might be shooting back with the intent to kill me but with me, there is no difference between an Elk or a Deer and a human. Would I have remorse after the shot? Maybe, but I'll cross that bridge when and if I get to it.

An animal and a human are basically no different (other than a human is capable of rational thought (unless of course they are a Democrat) but basically no difference and I'm not going to eat a human either...lol

Big difference between shooting at paper and shooting at a living breathing animal and humans are animals as well.

I don't want anyone on here to have to but if you have to, make the shot count. Multiple shots tend to get messy.:eek:

My 2 cents on the subject.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Here in the isolated mountains of Virginia, everything is normal. You would never think anything abnormal is going on in the world based on what people are acting.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
We are used to the "Panic" buying Same as in Hurricanes. A weatherperson stands on the beach and shows a palm tree waving in the wind. BOOM everything is sold out.

What's weird is its all the same stuff? I guess you will never see TP again, their will be no canned food (who eats when they have a flue bug?) Power will go out so all the batteries are gone. Yet Home Depot had Bleach and hand wipes all over the main isles,

Beware the Panic People, not the items. People go nuts in a panic Literally scary stuff.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts