Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am new to this forum and have a question about someone who wants to sell a .357 revolver. It has about a 4" barrell and the serial number is 7k966xx. Also the cylinder is marked 4314-3. The weapon is in really nice condition except for some minor marks on top of the front sight. I don't have a picture to post right now.
Any info would be appreciated including it's estimated value.
Best Regards,
Charlie in MPLS.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
1975. The 4313-3 would be the factory assembly number. I assume the gun is blued, which makes it a Model 19-3, an all time classic 357 (also might be polished nickel). It is built on the medium sized K frame. Excellent is the word usually used by those who own and shoot Model 19s, unless there are mechanical problems with it. Posting a picture would be a big help, you have provided scant detail to go on. But, with the little you have said, figure $400-450 anyway, maybe a bit more than that. Have it checked by a gunsmith before you shoot it. If the gun is stainless it would be a Model 66. Most likely and typically, you can't go wrong & there will probably be no problems to be fixed, and you'll be amazed when you shoot it. Watch out though, sometimes your 1st 'Smith quickly turns in to 2, then 3, then 4, then 5....and you have the disease. You can shoot 38 Specials in it too, the basic lead slugs are cheaper plinking ammo than full power .357s.
Welcome to the forum! Come back and post pics of the gun after you buy it. You ARE going to buy it, right? fnovnpoa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Geoff40.
I will try to post some photo's as I am planning on acquiring it next week. It is blued and the barrell is more like 5" long. I think I can get for $250-.
Regards,
Charlie

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Hi k9barco,
note: if the barrel is 5" it would be fairly rare. The barrel is measured from the face of the cylinder to the muzzel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jim, I'll check it out. I did not measure the barrell so it could actually be 6".
I will post photo's after Thursday.
Thanks for all of your input.
Best Regards,
Charlie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darn it, I can't get a photo to post. This model 19-3 has a 5" barrell and is in really nice shape. I usually go to "manage attachments" on other sites to post photo's. Any suggestions?
Sorry I'm such a dummy.
Regards,
Charlie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do forester. Thanks for your help. I did use photobucket at one time, but haven't for a while now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts