Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some seafood tonight. Some stuffed crabs.

some shark

wait, forgot the roasted garlic sauce

Shark is not as tender as other fish, so it stays together better while you cook it. My kids love it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,961 Posts
I must say those crabs look yummy!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xtm, I cooked it on my electric flat top skillet. If you bake them it is 375 for about 20 minutes for every inch they are thick. I let it sit on my skillet and put a cover over the thickest part for about 10 min on each side and flipped it maybe three times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SS, that one looks delicious. Let's see, 2,000lb shark-1,100lbs of fillets. Need a bigger skillet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Jamn 44 said:
SS, that one looks delicious....... Need a bigger skillet.
Jamn, I need a bigger boat..... Looks like the issue of who eats who might not be all that certain.... :shock:

Actually, I prefer my Mako or Blue Shark cut to 1 1/2" thick and slow grilled in foil with Lemon Juice and whole Peppercorns.... I used to go down to the docks on Point Judith during summer afternoons when the boats came in and they would carve off what you wanted right there on the dock for a buck a pound...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,915 Posts
Drew, Unless I'm mistaken, Point Judith is in Rhode Island.....right? We need an explanation for that one! It's a long way from Maine. Good place though. Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,488 Posts
Bob,

The last time I had a Staff Position was as Engineering Manager for a large company in Rhode Island....

I kept a condo in Cumberland RI for several years then I bought a house in the town I was working....

I used to get down to Point Judith quite alot....

Drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Try marinating that shark in italian salad dressing for about 24 hours in the frig. Then grill it over a gas or charcoal grill. Delicious!! The italian dressing works well with tuna, salmon and trout too.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
33,004 Posts
Looks tasty to me! Hmmmmmmmm.....garlic! You have to imagine me drooling like Homer Simpson. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heathen, I do that with pork sometimes when we get a hog, very good. Wendy, wow, you like guns, dogs, and garlic(trifecta). Where were you 15 yrs ago? You're killing me, and probably a lot of other guys here on the forum. :D Really glad you joined us. Longarm, I was actually wearing a new J frame holster while I was cooking. Trying to break it in, does that count? James
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
33,004 Posts
Jamn 44 said:
Heathen, I do that with pork sometimes when we get a hog, very good. Wendy, wow, you like guns, dogs, and garlic(trifecta). Where were you 15 yrs ago? You're killing me, and probably a lot of other guys here on the forum. :D Really glad you joined us. Longarm, I was actually wearing a new J frame holster while I was cooking. Trying to break it in, does that count? James
Thanks! 15 years ago I would have been out partying until 1:00 or 2:00 am even on a workday and felt like hell the next day. I have gotten where I love to sleep. I am glad that I joined as well. Really a fun crowd in here and I like that the forum has enough members who get on and post that the forum is active enough to be fun, but at the same time is small enough to feel like you don't get lost in the crowd.

BTW about a half a chopped jalapeno is a nice addition to the garlic for that size of shark. :)

I love spicy foods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
The crab and the shark looks delicious!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Wendy, 10-4 for jalopena peppers but try dicing up a half dozen of those little red Thai peppers and sprinkling them over it. One little Thai bush will produce a whole year's worth of peppers.

One trick that I've noticed with jalpena peppers, if you freeze them and use them later, they tend to lose their heat but retain the flavor.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
33,004 Posts
Heathen said:
Wendy, 10-4 for jalopena peppers but try dicing up a half dozen of those little red Thai peppers and sprinkling them over it. One little Thai bush will produce a whole year's worth of peppers.

One trick that I've noticed with jalpena peppers, if you freeze them and use them later, they tend to lose their heat but retain the flavor.
I have never tried the Thai peppers. I will have to. I have never frozen jalapenos. I like for peppers to keep the heat. Or at least stay warm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
The meat is firm enough to not fall apart on a charcoal grill. Melt butter and mix lemon juice and your favorite seasoning to taste. (I like mine a little warm) Place on a hot charcoal fire and baste and turn frequently. The fire should flare up at every basteing. They're gonna char like that so the trick is to not let them char too fast. I don't like them frozen. I'd rather cook them fresh caught. Eat raw oysters and hot sauce on saltines washed down with cold beer while cooking. Fried veggies (green tomatoes, squash, or okra) are good sides.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
33,004 Posts
County Mountie said:
The meat is firm enough to not fall apart on a charcoal grill. Melt butter and mix lemon juice and your favorite seasoning to taste. (I like mine a little warm) Place on a hot charcoal fire and baste and turn frequently. The fire should flare up at every basteing. They're gonna char like that so the trick is to not let them char too fast. I don't like them frozen. I'd rather cook them fresh caught. Eat raw oysters and hot sauce on saltines washed down with cold beer while cooking. Fried veggies (green tomatoes, squash, or okra) are good sides.
It has been a while since I have fish that was more exotic than blackened tilapia or fried catfish. That shark steak looked great. When I had to go to MN for work years ago I had fried walleye. I liked it but the damn fish cutlet looked like it weighed 2 pounds. I could have, and did eat on the leftovers, for more than 2 meals.

http://www.scoreboardmn.com/

I was in Eden Prairie, MN. Check out the dinner menu. Well, in Texas we call it supper. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top