Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video shows the home made LCD Cartridge Counter I made for my press.

This is a very low cost LCD electronic reloading press cartridge counter. It is made from an industrial LCD counter commonly available on Ebay and from online vendors. The counter includes battery power and an enclosed mountable magnetic reed switch on 1 meter wire.

The counter's sensor mounts on the last die of a progressive press, in this case a Lyman taper crimp die for pistol caliber rounds.

The magnetic reed switch mount is fabricated from common PVC pipe and fittings. The magnet is actuated only when a round is inside the taper crimp die, ensuring finished round count accuracy. The magnet rides on top of a stove bold that has been covered in shrink tubing and supported in steel washers. This will prevent wear and ensure no interference or resistance when it's pushed up by the cartridge in the die.

Once the magnet comes within the sensing proximity of the magnetic reed switch, the contact closes and the counter increments showing "OK" while the contact is closed. The counter can be reset, and power turned on and off with front panel buttons.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Hey M,

Nifty!

Like it!

Later, Mark

Reactions: mrerick

·
Registered
19,340 Posts
I see no need. My reloading trays each hold 50 and I fill them and have 50. Whatever blows your dress up I guess.

Reactions: 1av8r
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.