Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve shown this before, but thought I’d offer it up again. This idea I got from a guy at work; the picture is taken from the inside of my bedroom closet, looking up at the wall space above the door, a place few people would ever look. Besides a good use of unused space, it’s not easily accessible to kids (or height-challenged adults), and is for the most part unknown to the person who put it there, which in this case is me! I used curtain/drape pull-back retainers, with simple sheet rock anchors. I lined the metal retainers with stick-on weather stripping to protect the finish on the weapon. I’ve since put the original butt stock back on, but this is my intended “first grab” for things that go bump in the night!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blackcloud2, great idea!! I always have my m-640 right next to the bed, but that is a great place when something bigger is needed. Now I just need the right shotgun. Dave kfjdrfirii

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I would LOVE a shotgun if something goes 'bump' in the night.BUT after 25 + years as LEO [ retired ] I reach for my handgun and feel comfortable with it.I do shoot a 'social' 870 that I do very well with,but its locked in the safe and I am too short to reach that gun of yours.Unless I was 'expecting' company of an anti-social nature,its the semi-auto 40 caliber.My wife knows that if I am ever loading a long gun in the house = DUCK as the SHTF and its take care time.

·
Registered
497 Posts
That is a cool idea. I just tried to put my coach gun across the closet. My closet is too small. Older house. Great idea though.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I shot my Mossberg 500 with a dual pistol grip set up like that once.

Once. Ouch.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Great idea .. thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts