Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15907162095393114644809673387355.jpg

Looking for a shoulder holster (left handed shooter) for a 642-CT.

Any good suggestions??

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Check out Barsony, American made, good value and quality.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
22,175 Posts
Also, you may want to check out eBay, they have some great deals on holsters.:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I recommend getting a cheap one because it won't be but a couple of months until the new wears off and you'll put it in that cabinet or chest with all your other holsters that you thought were a good idea at the time you purchased them.

I've got a chest full of those holsters that when I look at them I wonder just what the hell was I thinking of when I bought that??

·
Super Moderator
19,371 Posts
You'll look far and wide for a holster that'll fit the revolver with the laser on it. Especially a shoulder model.

Shoulder holsters are fine when you're either Don Johnson, or Abe Vagota. For the rest of us they're proven pretty impractical, and very good at taking up space in our holster storage containers.
The problem with shoulder holsters is that unless you're always wearing a jacket of some type there is no other way to conceal it. Being able to properly draw from a shoulder holster takes a pretty decent amount of practice learning how not to get the pistol to hang up on clothing, and learning how not to sweep the muzzle across an entire room on withdrawl.
I have a large tote full of holsters I bought, and discovered they're not suited to my carry style. I'm a lefty, so just finding a good holster is 3/4 of the battle. Finding one that actually fits properly is the other 25%.

I wish you well in this endeavor.

Regards,
Gearchecker

Reactions: ShooterGranny
1 - 5 of 5 Posts