Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just replaced the grip on my j-frame with a CT-105 laser. I used to appendix carry with a clip-draw, but this no longer works due to the placement of the laser. I'm now in the market for a quality appendix IWB holster and was hoping to get recommendations from some of you here.

As of now, I'm searching for a Del Fatti ISP-DD or an Alessi APX. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Justj, I put a set of Crimson Trace grips on my M-640 a few months ago. They work just fine in my Spark's iwb holster. I have two of the Spark's iwb holsters, the other for a S & W M-24, 3in. Both have served me well for several years. I think you would like their holsters. Dave :cool:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I might suggest the Changeling IWB from Garrity's Gunleather (scroll down to the third holster on the link).
http://garritysgunleather.com/IWBHolsters.htm

I have one for my P6 (in fact the one pictured in the left and right photos is actually my holster). I don't know if this would work, but I thought that the fact that the strap is adjustable for cant, it might be close to what you're looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
singleshot1 said:
Justj, I put a set of Crimson Trace grips on my M-640 a few months ago. They work just fine in my Spark's iwb holster. I have two of the Spark's iwb holsters, the other for a S & W M-24, 3in. Both have served me well for several years. I think you would like their holsters. Dave :cool:
It wouldn't be a Summer Special, would it? That's also on my list, if I can find one... I have a SSII for my 1911 and I like it, but I can't help to think that the platform would be ideal for the j-frame. Either way, I went with a Galco 'USA' for now until I can find something better (or not, the Galco works surprisingly well).
It rides low and is very concealable.

LeMat, I like that the Changeling allows for versatility, I'm just not sure that it would be ideal for appendix carry. Cross-draw, definitely.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Justj, yes that is a summer special that I carry my 640 in. I am also looking at a tuckable from El Paso Saddlery. I have several holsters and belts from them, top workmenship. Dave :cool:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have an ISP-DD but it will be hard to find someone selling one as there are not many out there...and a special order from Matt would take quite some time...as would an Alesssi...why don't you check out http://www.sideguardholsters.com He has a nice little straight drop that you can appendix carry....if you want it even thinner you can get it without a reinforced collar..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts