Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I finally got one.

Now I'm having trouble finding a holster.

The holsters I have for my Model 36s don't have provisions for sights.

I'd like inside waist band but I'd be happy to hear of any ideas, even a shoulder holster.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Silver-Dollar-Pancake™-SMALL-FRAME-REVOLVERS-Leather-Concealed-Carry-Holster.cfm?item_id=152&parent=669

I would call or email first to explain about your concern about the sights fitting in this holster....and then decide.

Rob Leahy has developed a unique way to convert his OWB belt holsters to IWB with what he calls "Inside the Waistband Straps". I dislike IWB carry....particularly with fat, lumpy revolvers jabbing my bony frame, but I'm assured these things work well. Look over his website for photos.

I have two of his belt holsters - a "Sourdough Pancake" for 2 1/2" K-Frame, and a "Cuda" for a full-size auto. Both are outstanding in quality and design.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Silver-Dollar-Pancake™-SMALL-FRAME-REVOLVERS-Leather-Concealed-Carry-Holster.cfm?item_id=152&parent=669

I would call or email first to explain about your concern about the sights fitting in this holster....and then decide.

Rob Leahy has developed a unique way to convert his OWB belt holsters to IWB with what he calls "Inside the Waistband Straps". I dislike IWB carry....particularly with fat, lumpy revolvers jabbing my bony frame, but I'm assured these things work well. Look over his website for photos.

I have two of his belt holsters - a "Sourdough Pancake" for 2 1/2" K-Frame, and a "Cuda" for a full-size auto. Both are outstanding in quality and design.
Thanks much.

The J frames are not so "lumpy." In fact, they're pretty comfortable.

I will give it a good look.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Only OWB holsters for me and I can vouch for the Simply Rugged pancake holster. ElPaso Saddlery also makes a great OWB Combat holster that I use for my S&W model 66, with a 2.75” barrel.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I just received this Simply Rugged “Sourdough” from Mr. Leahy a few days ago - this one for a 2 1/2” M-66 K-Frame. Even though adorned with his excellent floral carving, it was delivered exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it online. It’s similar to the “Silver Dollar”, only slightly larger.

I didn’t want the IWB straps or the removable retention strap since the pouch is so deep and the formed leather retains the revolver enough to suit me. I may add a thong from the back to loop over the hammer on rare occasions of rough use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all........still searching.

:)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Here are two holsters I use for the little 3”ers. One is a Bianchi 5BH and the other is my Sunday holster, a custom version of the Brill style holster. Far left holster in each photo.

I like them both.

Kevin

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts