Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a recent letter from Hodgdon:

The above discussion includes some brand equivalents (the same powder marketed under different brand names):

·
Registered
19,424 Posts
All I use (for the most part). However, I bought way more than I can ever use when it was reasonable so I can well afford to sit out any price hikes without any incurred pain. I must have about 100 pounds of various propellant's on the shelf, mostly Hodgdon....and keep in mind that while it isn't stated in that letter, I believe all the Extreme propellants are manufactured in Australia, not domestically. The come in via container in sealed supersacks and are packaged here. Bruce has been in the extruded propellant business for a long, long time.

Reactions: Green Mtn. Boy

·
Registered
19,424 Posts
No problem here with that. Not that I shoot a lot because I don't, I have 1000 boxes of small and large pistol primers in Federal and CCI. Only thing I'm a little short on are Federal 215 Large Magnum Rifle Primers (not 210), 215 which is a specialty primer for magnum (large powder slow burning loads only. Always been hard to get.

·
Premium Member
13,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are quite a few ads appearing in the past week for factory 9mm ammo and 5.56mm ammo. It's still selling at inflated prices, but it now appears supply is making it through channels to retail online sellers.

My doctor should soon allow me to drive again (I just had neurosurgery) and I'll be stopping by some of our local stores soon to take a read on how their distributors are treating them....

Reactions: msharley
1 - 6 of 6 Posts