Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite by accident I recently acquired this HK P30S. While I am by no means a HK fanboy, I do appreciate their products and already have a couple rifles (HK91 and a HK93) and a USP45. The quick story is that a friend of mine needed money and he offered this HK P30S to me for a very reasonable $450. It is still virtually NIB and while I know pretty much nothing about this model, a bit of quick research has filled in a lot of the blanks.

I took it out the other day and to say the least, I am very impressed with it. While I still need to put some more familiarization rounds down range, I am positive that it will replace my Glock and SIG 226 as my primary winter carry gun. I especially like the fact that it has a safety as well as a separate decocker. While I know there are some people out there that have trouble with the mag release, I find it to be both easy and intuitive to use. I also love the fact that it is truly ambidextrous and can be manipulated with equal ease from either hand. I also appreciate the ability to mix and match the bits and pieces of the grip to fit my hand.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
I bought one of these (the smaller P30SK) from a friend about 6 months ago. It's a refined compact 9mm carry pistol, and has quickly become my favorite.

The heritage of H&K traces back to Mauser in Oberndorf where the founders had worked before founding the company.

I understand that the designers obsessed over the design of this fine hammer fired gun for a couple of years, making small changes constantly to improve it through it's design cycle.

You'll get used to the magazine release quickly. It's one of the best ambidextrous designs I've encountered.

Now, just don't let the unique rifling bother you. No, it's not worn. It's an advanced polygonal design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts