Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little background: I am generally not a long gun kind of guy. The reason? I have a life-long left arm disability that prevents me from holding and firing any long gun (without a benchrest) that doesn't have a vertical forestock or something similar. A little strange, but true.

In December of 2008, with a certain anti-2A president-elect about to take office, I did something I had never done before. I bought myself a long gun. More specifically, I bought a Mossberg 500 shotgun in .410... the one they offered with a vertical forestock. I had always wanted to try one to see if it would work for me, but just never got around to it. The "why" on that is a whole 'nother story for another time. But in December of 2008, I figured I had damn well better do it now because if I didn't, I might never again have the opportunity. :confused:

Little did I know that one long-delayed purchase would rekindle my interest in the shooting sports and collecting after 25 years away. :) In other words, it turned out to be a good thing (if you don't count the cost!). :D

But now fast forward to December 2020, exactly 12 years later almost to the day. Another anti-2A president-elect is about to take office it seems... this one even more anti-2A crazy than the one before him. Confiscation-level anti-2A crazy. So what did I do this week? :whistle:

I went out and bought TWO new Mossberg shotguns. ;) This time in 12 gauge. :giggle:

They will have to be modified in order to work with my disability... but once again, I figured that if I didn't do it now, I might never again have the opportunity to do so. :(

So yes folks... history does, in fact, repeat itself. :unsure: Sort of. ;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't basement joe say a double barrel shotgun is all you need. He said just go outside and fire off the barrels into the air and that would scare off the criminals. So pump shotguns will be outlawed and auto loaders forget about it. Good luck to all of us.
Yes, crazy old Uncle Joe is a big fan of double barrel shotguns and blasting them off balconies... that despite the fact that it's illegal in most states. Uncle Joe does not worry about such trivial details for himself and his politically-privileged family. :rolleyes:

I guess you could say I'm just following his demented advice... "Buy a Shotgun" ... but it has far more to do with protecting myself against his future anti-2A plans, whatever they may be. :cool:

·
Registered
19,413 Posts
Only scattergun I own is a side by side 12 gauge and you can fire both tubes together if you have a death wish. Nasty little bugger.

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
CAUTION! Watching the old John Wayne movie "Big Jake" can result in unexpected purchases of shotguns, particularly 'side by side' versions! ;)

·
Registered
19,413 Posts
Birds I agree with, deer, no way. Too many pellets everywhere and a slug tears up the meat too bad. My Pierce 308 with a 165 Berger is the only way to fly. Dime size entrance hole and 6" exit wound, in the crease for a nice double lung shot. I took the Nebraska 10 point Mule Deer with a 165 at 185 yards. One shot. He hunched up went about 75 yards and expired with very little damage other than I lunged him. I don't hunt fowl as a rule anyway. I hunt wild turkeys but only with a turkey call. Like to call them in they are fun to watch. Eat, not really unless you like shoe leather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts