Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a great spring day (63*), off work, and no school for the kiddo, bc of spring break. She's been in Ky with her dads parents, so I went down to southern Indiana to meet/pick her up. We decided to stop and hike awhile at clifty falls on the way back. It's all still bare, but we had a great time. :)

Feelin spunky at the beginning of hike.

Big Clifty

'Cake Rock'

Let me explain...I told her to slow down, smell the flowers a bit. The smartypants that she is, discovered the could hold it against her nostrils (look ma no hands). Then she laughed for a solid 15 min, all the while, practicing her new trick. LoL

She was tracking a racoon. LoL.

At the end of the 2-3 hr hike...tapped out.

What a great day. :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Two Pretty Gals against alot of Pretty Scenery!

Thanks for putting up the snapshots!

Drew

·
Super Moderator
32,749 Posts
wildfiresrozes said:
Finally a great spring day (63*), off work, and no school for the kiddo, bc of spring break. She's been in Ky with her dads parents, so I went down to southern Indiana to meet/pick her up. We decided to stop and hike awhile at clifty falls on the way back. It's all still bare, but we had a great time. :)

Feelin spunky at the beginning of hike.

Big Clifty

'Cake Rock'

Let me explain...I told her to slow down, smell the flowers a bit. The smartypants that she is, discovered the could hold it against her nostrils (look ma no hands). Then she laughed for a solid 15 min, all the while, practicing her new trick. LoL

She was tracking a racoon. LoL.

At the end of the 2-3 hr hike...tapped out.

What a great day. :D
Thanks for sharing. I agree with Drew. Two pretty gals. Your daughter is adorable. greatpost

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
One of my favorite parts of spring up here is hiking Butternut Fallsin Ithaca. Clark Reservation here in Syracuse is a close second.

Very beautiful photos of a mother and daughter having a great time together.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Roze that is awesome, thanks for sharing. My sons love taking walks in the "woods".

G

·
0 Posts
Jen, my advice....don't blink. If you do the time will pass by in just a few heartbeats. Take all the time you have and spend it with that little gal. All the things we do, all the stuff we acquire, ~ doesn't amount to a hill of beans compared to time spent with our little folks.... ;)

You'll carry those memories with you all your days. And nothing is more precious.

giz

·
Registered
600 Posts
Take a kid hiking in the woods and they can go all day, drag them around a mall shopping and it doesn't last long. My kids love the outdoors too, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Another great day outside. Looks like a very nice place, beautiful stream and falls, and a wonderful spring day.
Thanks for sharing Jen!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Wow! That looks like you two had a great time. Nothing better than that!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: ~Hiking at clifty falls~

Rozes -

When my daughter was about that age, I was teaching high school, so we were together almost constantly during the Summers.

We took day trips, baked bread, made apricot preserves from the tree in the yard, made won tons, etc.

Those memories are pure gold for both of us.

Recently, she emailed me for the won ton recipe because she wanted to make them with her son, who is 6YO. She will be 39 in September. :cry:

Giz is right. You apparently already know this, but you should treasure this time. When she hits puberty and the hormones start doing their thing, she won't have time for you -- at least it won't be the same as it is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We1BVMmcr2A&feature=related

- Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts