Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had arrived way too early for a doctor's appointment one day several years ago, so instead of just sitting in the car or the waiting room, I wandered around outside. It was one of those big medical complex places that covered acres and acres of what had once been pristine pastures and woods.

I walked over a little rise, and this little pond is what I saw. It was beautiful. You'd never even know it was there unless you walked up over the little rise. I didn't think a cell phone photo would do it justice, so after I'd finished my appointment, I went home, got one of my other cameras, and went back and photographed it.

I made plans to return and photograph it in winter. So I went back about six months later. The little pond was gone. The pond, the reeds, the aquatic plants, the trees and bushes...all gone, along with all the birds, frogs, small animals, and insects that had lived there. Just vanished...drained, filled in, and paved over as if it'd never been there.

I suppose someone built more lookalike concrete and glass office buildings there. More doctors, maybe. More office workers. More cars. More B.S.

I never went back.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pave paradise, put up a parking lot.
I remember those were lyrics to a song many moons ago. Way too long ago I’m sorry to admit.
"Big Yellow Taxi", written and performed by Joni Mitchell in 1970. Yeah, many moons ago...I was still in the military. It's on her Ladies of the Canyon album. She's still around, but at seventy-five years of age, I understand she's been in poor health.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
"Big Yellow Taxi", written and performed by Joni Mitchell in 1970. Yeah, many moons ago...I was still in the military. It's on her Ladies of the Canyon album. She's still around, but at seventy-five years of age, I understand she's been in poor health.

View attachment 482841
Ah yes, 1970. I graduated from high school on June 2 1970 then left for USMC boot camp 3 weeks later. All of a sudden I was known as a “pu**y, puke, slime“ for a while. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.