Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi: newbie here , I am from Cleveland, Ohio

I have a mod. 14-1 SA ONLY 4 Screw, 6” barrel , blue finish. With a target trigger & target hammer.
That my dad purchased new in 1961. He had the sporting goods store order it. Since he doesn’t like to shoot DA he thought the trigger pull would be better. We shot it occasionally and it’s still in like new condition 99+% just a drag line on the cylinder. Now it is mine and I have been trying to find some information about it. There is not much out there. I can’t find any information about a 14-1 SA. Only on 14-2-3-4s and not much information about those. Is this a rare model / collectible? It’s not for sale, but I would like to know it’s value. I would appreciate any information the forum family can provide. I am happy to be a member and thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,964 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Any pics of your 14? Would help answer other questions you may have.:)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
"-1" refers to the thread change on the ejector rod, not the SA modification. I'd think any model with that modification would be scarce, if not rare. Is the box marked "SA Only"?

·
Registered
13,375 Posts
Welcome aboard. Was raised in Cleveland and left 3 wives there......:D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Welcome aboard! Any Mod 14 is special. Yours may be more so. When I get a chance , I’ll look it up in the “ bible” , the 4th ed SCSW. Meanwhile, I expect on the resident experts will be able to help. Pictures are very useful in determining condition, options, value,etc. Hank.

·
Registered
17,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia.
This is all my S&W catalogue says other than a slight premium Is interesting about the cylinder operation though.

"Model 14: The K-38 Masterpiece Single Action
Caliber: .38 S&W Special. As described above but deletion of internal parts allows single
action only. Pulling the trigger only rotates the cylinder but does not lifr the hammer.
Available with wide or standard width hammer and trigger. Manufactured c. 1961 - 1982."

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
"Model 14: The K-38 Masterpiece Single Action
Caliber: .38 S&W Special. As described above but deletion of internal parts allows single
action only. Pulling the trigger only rotates the cylinder but does not lifr the hammer.
Available with wide or standard width hammer and trigger. Manufactured c. 1961 - 1982."
So "SA ONLY" was a catalogued option, not a custom modification? If so, wouldn't it have some special marking other than just "14"?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome form North Carolina!

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts