Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought my fist revolver. S&w 66 no dash. Stainless steel sights,pinned and recessed cylinder. Think I did good. Let me know what y’all think.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..
Pics would be nice..

Reactions: timcolr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple of pics. How much something like this worth. I know it dates to 1973. It’s hard to price

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hello Maddness83 and welcome to the forum from N.E. Indiana!!! Nice score!!! Enjoy!!!

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
I'm not trying to be a smart ass and I hate to say, it's worth exactly what you paid or traded for it.
Gun prices vary greatly form one region to another. What might be worth $600 here may be worth $800 in a region that has a seemingly small market for what's available.

So, with that said, around here in eastern Tennessee, it would probably sell for somewhere in the neighborhood of $750-800.
If you have the original box, paperwork, pistol tools, and if the stocks are original and numbered to that model 66 it'll possibly be worth another $75-100.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks for the great info. It was one of those guns that when first saw it under that glass. I had to have it. It sounds like I over paid a bit.

·
Super Moderator
19,704 Posts
It was one of those guns that when first saw it under that glass. I had to have it. It sounds like I over paid a bit.
You really didn't. You paid a price that you saw as reasonable for you to get it home with you. Like I said, at this time it's worth exactly what you paid for it. Remember regional pricing is the key. Many of us have paid a little more (sometimes a lot more) than the pistol may be worth in another region. This shows how prices can vary so wildly.

Personally, I think you have an amazing revolver, no matter what it cost you.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
If I want it, I never consider it as overpaying rather buying early.

·
Premium Member
12,664 Posts
A matching box and papers (they are there, and the box is matching, right?) would add value.

Looks like it's had a bit of use, but is still very clean and in great condition.

If you're interested in market value, check the online firearm auction sites and search for completed sales. You'll get a ballpark value from that.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hi Maddness83,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Visit often. welcome01

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
sweet gun. Will it be a shooter or a collector?

Edited add
In my gun acquiring over the years .. I have paid more for less gun. ENJOY!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida. weiweinp

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the revolver.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts