Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!! So glad I found this forum. I am a proud owner of a Smith & Wesson model 442. This is the only S&W I own so far. I put Crimson Trace laser grips on but haven't had much of a chance to put them to use. I'm new to hand guns in general. Still not so good at aiming so if anyone has some good pointers, I'd be more than happy to hear them :) Give me a .22 rifle and I can shoot a shotgun shell off a post, not with the 38 special though, I'm lucky if I hit a corner of the target. :) Anyway, I look forward to posting and getting to know everyone!!

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Hi marvis,

A warm welcome to the forum. welcome01

Visit and post often. hpzl;n;

·
Super Moderator
11,419 Posts
Welcome Marvis. Glad to see you here.

Regarding aiming that little snub, the biggest realization I had when trying to get proficient with my 642 (the shinier twin to your 442) is that you really can't be too close to the target. These guns are designed for up close shooting. There may be those out there that can put 5 rounds inside of an 8 inch circle at 50 feet, but I ain't one of them. :mrgreen: I don't know what kind of range setup you have but I would start real close and start working backward. I like to start at around 20 feet from target. Sometimes closer. Shooting this gun at even 15 yards can be an exercise in frustration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice I will definately try that. My range setup is what we around the Olympia,wa area like to call "the gravel pit". It's in the middle of the woods and not the safest place in the world. I'm going out to a real shooting range soon with my dad so I'm excited to see what kind of advantages there will be.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Hello! Welcome...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts