Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. My name is Matthew, a paramedic from Alabama. The Sport 2 is my first AR and I've enjoyed this little guy so much these first few weeks. Looking for tips, tricks, and just connecting with others who love this rifle as well. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Hope the ammo shortage is getting close to ending as 5.56 is addictive. My Sport2 just doesn't seem to know when to let up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I am new MP15 Sport 2 owner here.

Out of curiosity, How much did everyone pay for their SW MP15 S2? I am seeing it's $900 and up. I am aware of that it is really hard to get right now. I would love to grab one before law change or whatever.

·
Super Moderator
34,225 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

No M&P but we have a Ruger AR556 which is comparable. So far great rifle and just have bought magazines, ammo and a red dot sight and no real modifications.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Welcome.

Mine has a CMC 3.5 lb. straight drop-in trigger, a nice inexpensive Sightmark reflex sight and a vertical front grip. Nothing too fancy.

And lotsa Magpul magazines.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We have a S&W Sport II and a Ruger AR 556. The S&W carries a red dot and the Ruger has a 3-9 X 40 scope. I originally bought the S&W and my wife bought the Ruger but after playing with them a bit she liked the S&W better(I did too)so I swapped with her. Both put holes in whatever you aim them at and both run brass and steel cased ammo like grease through a goose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Just bought my first rifle. M&P-15 Sport II. Looking for recommendations for any add-ons, i.e., scopes, grips, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Out of curiosity, How much did everyone pay for their SW MP15 S2? I am seeing it's $900 and up. I am aware of that it is really hard to get right now. I would love to grab one before law change or whatever.
I bought both my sons M&P Sport II's for Christmas 2019 (just before the Covid panic buying started), paid $499 ea.

Great rifles...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought both my sons M&P Sport II's for Christmas 2019 (just before the Covid panic buying started), paid $499 ea.

Great rifles...

That's awesome!

Question.. are you guys from Alabama? Couldn't help but notice the Jordan on your sons pullover and the others shirt one could read "magic city."

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
The Sport was well under $600 before Covid. About everything S&W makes is running $150-300 over pre-covid prices right now

·
Registered
806 Posts
Buy and install a Geissele trigger like the SSA-E in your new AR or the less costly G2S, but still excellent trigger (I have both - one in one Colt LE6920 and the other in another Colt LE6920) and you'll find the cost worth every penny.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts