Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Here is a quote from a post on the Smith & Wesson forum - THIS FORUM - from April 2019. The forum search function can be your friend

Hi guys. I’m new to forum and have been looking for a vintage holster for my model 28. I’ve seen a lot of Don Hume H216 Jordan Border Patrol holsters for sale on EBay but wasn’t sure about sizing. So I emailed Don Hume and they sent me some sizing info on these. Many of you probably know this but I thought I would share this info in case anyone’s looking like I am.

H216 no. 14 and 16: K frame, Ruger Speed Six, and Ruger Service Six. Second number denotes barrel length. 4 and 6 inch.

H216 no. 24 and 26: N frame

H216 no. 74 and 76: Colt Python, Trooper, Dan Wesson, Ruger Security Six, and L frame.
If that does not answer your question you can do what the poster above did and send an email to Don Hume and ask them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, don't see anything for the no 3, What's the small frame that a "chief's special" is made on? That would be in the neighborhood. it's a small holster, but has the "basket weave" look to it, and made to work on a wide belt if required. It was made for some type of service weapon, but back in a time when they still used small revolvers on duty, mostly detectives, chiefs and the like, not the uniforms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That reminds me, I'm looking for an older but fully serviceable double action revolver, something not too small, in physical size, but I'm open on the caliber. I prefer to stick to 22, 38 special, or other common calibers so ammo is easier to find (a problem for all calibers these days I understand) A friend is letting me have a 380 auto for the time being, but it's a cheap one and frankly not what I'd prefer to have. For my needs, I like a revolver, they go bang or you just pull the trigger again if it doesn't, no racking a slide, no stovepipes, none of that nonsense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That reminds me, I'm looking for an older but fully serviceable double action revolver, something not too small, in physical size, but I'm open on the caliber. I prefer to stick to 22, 38 special, or other common calibers so ammo is easier to find (a problem for all calibers these days I understand) A friend is letting me have a 380 auto for the time being, but it's a cheap one and frankly not what I'd prefer to have. For my needs, I like a revolver, they go bang or you just pull the trigger again if it doesn't, no racking a slide, no stovepipes, none of that nonsense. What would y'all recommend? prefreably not something pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts