Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have ever wondered a how loud a 40 S&W is when fired in an indoor range, well I have firsthand information that they are extremely loud. I put my hearing protection on when I entered the range today because there was another shooter. I setup my chronograph and was getting everything ready. He finished shooting and we struck up a conversation so I removed my “Ears”. Well he left I loaded my 40 Pro Series, touched off the first round AND WHOLLY MOTHER OF GOD I thought a bomb went off! So after my ears quit ringing I put my hearing protection back on and very gingerly squeezed off the next round. :eek:

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Did you develop Tennitis ?? hand gun shot is about 120 DB right at the edge of the pain threshold.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Outdoors it's pretty bad , over Thanksgiving Ethan was giving my sister some hands-on advice on shooting the shotgun when she decided to pull the trigger -
with him right next to her and BEFORE he got his ears back on . He was in pain for quite some time .

Indoors is def worse .

Hope all is well , Ray .

Regards
George

Reactions: RDLouks

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All seems to be OK this morning, thanks George.
Yes too many years of mechanic work, air tools, impact wrenches, hammering, and yes playing my Rock & Roll too loud has taken its toll on my hearing Tinnitus so I am normally very careful protecting what I have left. This was a wake-up (Very Loud One) call for me and reminder for all to make sure your hearing protection is in place.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
16,926 Posts
All seems to be OK this morning, thanks George.
Yes too many years of mechanic work, air tools, impact wrenches, hammering, and yes playing my Rock & Roll too loud has taken its toll on my hearing Tinnitus so I am normally very careful protecting what I have left. This was a wake-up (Very Loud One) call for me and reminder for all to make sure your hearing protection is in place.
I agree, made that mistake once. Never again hopefully.

Reactions: RDLouks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts