Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess we're different people in the sense that I don't look to elected people or politicians to be my leaders. If one happens to show up while in office, great, but in my life experience, leaders are men and women that inspire others to do better things for themselves and for their communities. When I was a youngster, there was a man that ran the local pool hall and saloon, he was a World War 2 veteran, experiences of which he'd never speak of, like all the men back then, although I actually know details about, he was a legit badass, but always came off as cool as Dean Martin later did in a lounge act. That real man encouraged other post war vets to find ways to use their skills to gain employment, in fact ways to establish their own businesses that some flourish even today by way of kin. Now he might have once set on the local City Council in our small town, but I don't see him as a politician, I see him as a good man and a leader. That's how I view Herman Cain.
I'm not questioning your views and opinions of Herman Cain. Nor do I care who you look to for encouragement and inspiration. Those are your thoughts and opinions, and our Constitution guarantees your right to express them. As it does for everyone else. But really, it doesn't matter all that much about pool hall owners and others who set good examples. We're talking about Herman Cain here, aren't we?

I asked what did Cain do for America as a whole? He encouraged his Burger King employees to smile and "do things to make the customers smile". But he was against raising the minimum wage. He brought Godfather's Pizza from the depths of unprofitability back to a highly successful franchise (owned by Pillsbury), but he closed over half the restaurants in the country and put thousands of people out of work with his "management" practices.

Herman Cain jumped on Trump's bandwagon of questioning former president's birthplace, saying he should "have to prove where he was born". That worked out great, didn't it, seeing as how Obama was elected to two terms. Cain derided Obama for "not being black enough". Really, that's true. Can anyone spell i-r-o-n-i-c? How about s-t-u-p-i-d? That cracks me up every time I think about it.

Cain wrote a book titled My Journey to the White House. It was a short journey for sure.

I genuinely don't know who Cain inspired, other than a bunch of Tea Party activists. When's the last time anyone heard from them?

Herman Cain has had zero influence on this country. I'm still asking what did he do for America?

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
I'm still asking what did he do for America?
He (Herman Cain) certainly did more for America than I've seen you do to advance the love of Smith and Wesson handguns or any firearm here on this Forum since you've showed up. Hate on Herman Cain all you wish it doesn't matter to me, I enjoy an enriching life beyond this forum. Good luck to your stay here!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts