Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Cain, 74, first went to an Atlanta hospital for treatment on July 1
Herman Cain, the former Republican presidential candidate and affable business magnate, died Thursday after being hospitalized for coronavirus, according to reports.
Cain, 74, first went to an Atlanta hospital for treatment on July 1, his staff had said.
His death was announced on Herman Cain's website and Facebook page.
Newsmax, which Cain recently joined, also posted an obituary confirming he died Thursday.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There's no need for the Left or anyone else to "spin" anything about Cain's death being related to his attendance at Trump's Tulsa rally.

Fact: He attended the rally.
Fact: Cain refused to wear a mask.
Fact: On multiple occasions, he was photographed in close contact with other attendees who may or may not have been infected, and who weren't wearing masks.

Herman Cain (rest his soul) was responsible for his own death. He failed to protect himself and those around him by not wearing a mask at a major public gathering, a mask that would have cost a lot less than one of his Godfather's pizzas, and he basically doomed himself to slow motion suicide.

How do you explain this idiocy by a man who was intelligent to earn his degree in mathematics, then his Master's in computer science? A former CEO and presidential candidate? Of course, there were those hints of sexual improprieties by Cain that ended his presidential campaign, but still, he was a highly intelligent man.

Stupidity often has lethal consequences.

·
Premium Member
17,045 Posts
I'm now listening to the blacks here at work ridiculing Cain already. They're laughing at his 'ol dumb__s goin' and catchin' that ___t

Reactions: powrguy

·
Premium Member
17,045 Posts
I supported him for president. Too bad he didn't just press on through that picayune bull___t and continue. The Donald broke that barrier a few weeks later. Cain would've been a good effective president.

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
It's a sad day to lose a strong conservative, capitalist championing voice. Yes Mr. Cain was a surviving Stage 4 Colon cancer patient, so he was certainly in what is considered a 'high risk' category. However, unlike the endless media pundits and even some here that seem to have some inside medical knowledge that can somehow establish that he contacted the virus at a Trump rally in Tulsa or anywhere else for that matter, the fact remains that like many infected people, it's unclear exactly how it was contacted. For all we know he got it at home, the virus making it's way on a package, grocery delivery, family member or any number of ways. I listened to him recently on a Larry Elder produced documentary; "Uncle Tom" and Mr. Cain presented a very persuasive argument that Black Americans advanced in this country not by the Government, but through hard work and seeking out opportunity themselves. We're lesser as a community now without him.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Herman was a class act and a Gentleman.

thewelshm

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's a sad day to lose a strong conservative, capitalist championing voice. Yes Mr. Cain was a surviving Stage 4 Colon cancer patient, so he was certainly in what is considered a 'high risk' category. However, unlike the endless media pundits and even some here that seem to have some inside medical knowledge that can somehow establish that he contacted the virus at a Trump rally in Tulsa or anywhere else for that matter, the fact remains that like many infected people, it's unclear exactly how it was contacted. For all we know he got it at home, the virus making it's way on a package, grocery delivery, family member or any number of ways. I listened to him recently on a Larry Elder produced documentary; "Uncle Tom" and Mr. Cain presented a very persuasive argument that Black Americans advanced in this country not by the Government, but through hard work and seeking out opportunity themselves. We're lesser as a community now without him.
I tend to agree with this point of view. While I certainly think it's quite possible that he caught it at a rally, I think anyone declaring that it could hardly have happened any other way is honing a political axe and not much more...

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
There's no need for the Left or anyone else to "spin" anything about Cain's death being related to his attendance at Trump's Tulsa rally.

Fact: He attended the rally.
Fact: Cain refused to wear a mask.
Fact: On multiple occasions, he was photographed in close contact with other attendees who may or may not have been infected, and who weren't wearing masks.

Herman Cain (rest his soul) was responsible for his own death. He failed to protect himself and those around him by not wearing a mask at a major public gathering, a mask that would have cost a lot less than one of his Godfather's pizzas, and he basically doomed himself to slow motion suicide.

How do you explain this idiocy by a man who was intelligent to earn his degree in mathematics, then his Master's in computer science? A former CEO and presidential candidate? Of course, there were those hints of sexual improprieties by Cain that ended his presidential campaign, but still, he was a highly intelligent man.

Stupidity often has lethal consequences.
I'm 74, have never worn a mask, and only now wear it because the yo-yo RINO Governor decided it's mandatory, now.

I have no underlying health issues, which is why EVERY flu season we have many not-so-healthy seniors who die from complications of ANY FLU, regularly. The anti-Trump push by the MSM, anti-Trump/anti-America doctors is being used to justify mail-in voting, with Vote Fraud up the wazzoo, and THIS time, senile Joe will get the Votes (to seat Kamala Harris when Joe "succumbs to Covid-19", right after Election). Make no mistake, this is a TOTAL effort to get Trump out of the White House, nothing more.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I keep hearing/reading comments about Herman Cain and what a great patriot he was, a great American, a strong Conservative, blah blah blah. Phooey. And frankly, I couldn't care less where he caught the virus. Maybe he caught it off a toilet seat.

What did Cain do for America? He never held elective office. Never introduced or drafted important legislation. He climbed the corporate ladder with various food service-related companies and made a lot of money for himself. He couldn't get elected to the Georgia senate. He couldn't get elected to the presidency. Even other arch-Conservatives derided his vaunted 9-9-9 Plan. He failed to take responsibility for his adulterous affairs that ended his presidential campaign. Great American. Kinda like Gary Hart.

Folks love to talk about how he "saved" Godfather's Pizza. Yeah, he saved it alright. He closed about 200 stores, thereby saving the company millions. Oh, never mind that he put thousands of people out of work. Yessiree, a great American for sure...making money for the corporate big wigs (including himself) while sending people to the unemployment line.

Folks loved him because he was a Tea Party activist and wrote great op ed pieces. But he didn't accomplish a thing for the country. Talk's cheap. Far as I'm concerned, he was just another phony corporate head millionaire like Ross Perot and Steve Forbes. My community will get along just fine without him.

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
What did Cain do for America? He never held elective office. Never introduced or drafted important legislation. He climbed the corporate ladder with various food service-related companies and made a lot of money for himself. He couldn't get elected to the Georgia senate. He couldn't get elected to the presidency. Even other arch-Conservatives derided his vaunted 9-9-9 Plan. He failed to take responsibility for his adulterous affairs that ended his presidential campaign.
I guess we're different people in the sense that I don't look to elected people or politicians to be my leaders. If one happens to show up while in office, great, but in my life experience, leaders are men and women that inspire others to do better things for themselves and for their communities. When I was a youngster, there was a man that ran the local pool hall and saloon, he was a World War 2 veteran, experiences of which he'd never speak of, like all the men back then, although I actually know details about, he was a legit badass, but always came off as cool as Dean Martin later did in a lounge act. That real man encouraged other post war vets to find ways to use their skills to gain employment, in fact ways to establish their own businesses that some flourish even today by way of kin. Now he might have once set on the local City Council in our small town, but I don't see him as a politician, I see him as a good man and a leader. That's how I view Herman Cain.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hold him and Sowell in high esteem among black leaders, as well as Elder - they are proof that folks can make it with the right attitude

1 - 20 of 25 Posts