Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 3 Months I have been battling a Bad Shoulder :cry: Pain meds are a Daily thing and 3 Cortezone treatments have done nothing, Anyways last month there was a promoter put on a show in a very small town in Payson AZ, less than 100 table show, I decided to stay home to nurse the shoulder to get ready for my trip to Tulsa....
that Saturday Morning one of my buddies called me to ask me about this gun and whether he should buy it (I wanted to cry as I guess I should have went} It is a Ruger BKH41B a Factory Brass Framed 41 mag Blackhawk with a 4-5/8" barrel New in Box with original Shipping Carton. They only made around 60 of these guns so it is one of the rarest Ruger Oldmodels made. here are some Pictures I took last week. It is the nicest Ruger I have ever held.

Dan

I helped another Freind buy the gun to complete his collection of Brass framed Rugers its is estimated there are only 7 complete sets of brass framed guns in the country. here is his

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dan,

I'm more of a .41 nut than a Ruger nut, but...WOW! :shock: That .41 is a beauty!

If it were mine, I'd want to stuff it in a nice piece of leather (likely something by El Paso) and bring it into the Maine bear woods. I realize that would be sacrelige for some of you, but I'd just have to shoot it. ;)

·
Administrator
8,114 Posts
That's a fantastic collection! Lots of beautiful guns..

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know what I'm more impressed with. The finding of the .41 Brassy or the fact that your friend has a complete set of factory brass framed guns....

Wow...and thanks for posting the pics... :)

giz

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
kjdfjemnd
Beautiful collection!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just spit my coffee all over the screen and keyboard. Nice , Nice & Real Nice !!!!!!!!!! :shock: :eek: :mrgreen: :)

G

·
0 Posts
I'll add one that isn't shown above....

Factory framed .45 ACP / .45 Colt convertible...

I know of none that letter, and this one was not originally shipped with the brass frame. That replaced the original gripframe. Still, guess it's as close to the real thing as one can get :mrgreen:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Giz,

He actually has multiples of some of the Brass Framed Blackhawks that he will be willing to sell if your interested. His name is Vince and he goes by OldModelCrazy on the Ruger Forum he has one of the most Fantastic Ruger Centerfire Collections you will ever see. here is a picture of one of his 2 Safes

Dan

G

·
0 Posts
Yikes!

The Mother Load :mrgreen:

Hate to admit this, but I've managed to acquire all of the Ruger SA's that any sane man could want or need. There's always one or two more that would be nice to have....and finding them is half the fun. I saw Vince's collection and the discussion on the other forum you and I belong to. What a group of pics...amazing. Even more so because some of the other fellows commenting were in that group of 7 who had completed the sets. For many years I thought that S&W collectors were crazed individuals who knew no limits....but then I discovered the Ruger guys, and now I know where they came up with the term OCD... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Dan, your friend owes you a favor. But from the time I spent talking to you, I doubt you feel that way. Good for you and and I hope some 'karma' comes your way.
Impessive collection for sure

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mick,

In one of my first meetings with Vince I told him to hang on for the ride and we would get him the guns he coveted the most. Well he had 2 Single Sixes in his collection, an RSSE factory engraved Flatgate and a Mint NIB Flatgate. He told me if I could find him a BKH41B he would give me the NIB Flatgate, I just thought he was joking, well he wasnt and he gave it to me a little over a week ago

Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is the ser# range for these guns please? I saw one at a local show this last weekend but I do not know if it is an original or not.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts