Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can actually thank Chris ~ NFrame ~ for all these woes

Went to the Augusta gunshow today. Nothing to exciting until I found a project gun. Scoped 10.5" .32 H&R Magnum Single Six. I've been playing for about a year and a half with this caliber (ever since I cheated Chris outta his'n ) ;)

But as hard and fast as I pushed the loads, I always felt I could squeek out a little more. So now I'm going to finally have a chance to reload with some new slower burnin' powders. And see how much harder I can push this underated little beast of a caliber.... :mrgreen:

Second favorite caliber next to the .41 Mag...now to finally buy a Chrony...

giz

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Giz,

WOW a 10 inch 32 mag!!! :eek: I bet that can reach out and take about any varmit or such!

What powders are you going to try? (I lost your # when my phone melted... :oops: )

I've been playing with the 44 mag and that new SBH and my new 5" classic 629. I just got off the phone with Drew, getting some advice using IMR 4227 . I hope to take a deer with the Smith this year. The Ruger is my tractor packing gun.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
azmick said:
No rocks big enough for a picture with a barrel that long? kihfL
Gonna have to forego the rocks...and park this one on the Boulder in the back yard.... :mrgreen:

Pics tomorrow...

giz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Here we go again...Pic added

Ken,

I was using the tape I use to measure my fish.... :mrgreen:
Yeah, you're right ~ 9.5"...So it looks like I get another three inches of barrel over the test gun.

The fact that somebody scoped it, doesn't bother me in the least. It's all going to be shot from a bench rest for now. I do need to find a set of rear sights for it eventually.... ;)

giz

·
Premium Member
8,676 Posts
Giz,
I've pondered getting into the .32 for a while now. As you know, I'm already a .41 mag convert. Seems our interests run along the same path..

I'd be very interested to hear how your loads develop as you experiment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carl,

Based on a limited range session today...

This may end up being one of the more accurate SA's in the stable.

I believe ~ off the bench, I was getting 2MOA consistently, from some reloads out to 100 yards. Very impressive...

It had no problem with 4" Clays on the 100 yard berm....:)

giz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.