Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these to go with my S&W model 29. It's on order from Henry and should be in Jan 3 or 9 by the latest, 2020. I'll probably post some photos of it when I comes in. Another one of those, I didn't really need it situations, but I wanted it. Besides that I picked up a couple extra boxes of .44 mag. from Walmart that were on sale. Funny how excuses are made up after the fact. Besides that my wedding anniversary (17 hundred years) is in January and I chose a gift for myself. If I think of any other excuses I'll post them later.

·
Registered
13,414 Posts
I've had one for a few years now. I scoped mine. Shoots fine, solid buttplate is a bit hard on your shoulder though and it's a PITA to clean. For me, it's mostly a wall hanger and like you I got it to compliment my 44 Model 29.

I only shoot FMJ handloads in it. Be sure to apply a substantial crimp to each pill as the recoil of the rifle will tend to set back the bullets in the case if you don't.

I also got a 'Brass Tacker' sling swivel kit so I could have a sling for it without drilling the beautiful furniture for studs. The Brass Tacker kit is designed to eliminate swivel studs in the stock. Nice addition.

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had one for a few years now. I scoped mine. Shoots fine, solid buttplate is a bit hard on your shoulder though and it's a PITA to clean. For me, it's mostly a wall hanger and like you I got it to compliment my 44 Model 29.

I only shoot FMJ handloads in it. Be sure to apply a substantial crimp to each pill as the recoil of the rifle will tend to set back the bullets in the case if you don't.

I also got a 'Brass Tacker' sling swivel kit so I could have a sling for it without drilling the beautiful furniture for studs. The Brass Tacker kit is designed to eliminate swivel studs in the stock. Nice addition.
Brass STACKER Swivel kit is kinda salty pricewise---$88. I think I'll wait for it to come in before accessorizing it. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts