Yep, good clear pics of both sides and all markings

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts
five chambers or six?

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts
I'm thinking you have a .38 Chief's Special. Probably shipped in 1956 or 1957. Looks to be in terrific condition.
Later on it became the Model 36.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I'm thinking Cheif's Special too but if the stocks (grips) are original to the gun it's 1968 or later. Open the cylinder and see if there's a "Mod ##" on the frame.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
4,244 Posts
Darn, I just sold some ammo in .38 S&W. It was here before the S&W .38 Special. The cartridge is a little smaller on the .38 S&W so don't mix them.

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts
Lipstick Writing implement Cosmetics Office supplies Pen

Reactions: Cliff

·
Premium Member
21,848 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the cotton and peanut covered plains of the Wiregrass! As Combat says, you have a Terrier. It should have a MOD 32-1 stamped inside the yoke cut (open the cylinder). It was made late in the 1960's...probably 1968 or 69.

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts
Oops. Sorry for the mislead.

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a old one of these but it had a flat cylinder release and S&W said it was the original configuration that lasted for the first few years. It was a bit harder to use and after that they started using the regular release that I had on my issue model 15s. I don't know how the new release is yet and the way things are going, I may have to rent one just to find out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts