Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer brought in these two S&W-looking pistols.
IMG_0051.jpg IMG_0050.jpg

It appears both the .357 and the .22 were made by Burgo in Germany.

I'll sure appreciate any info on these handguns.

·
Super Moderator
11,415 Posts
I don't know that S&W had any association with these guns. There are many Spanish copies out there but Germany has a pretty rich history of revolver production over the years. The Korth would be the culmination, I think.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
These are Arminius revolvers.

A line of revolvers manufactured by the German firm Weihrauch.

These revolvers were named after the chief of the Germanic Cherusci tribe, Arminius (latinized name) who led Teutonic warriors during the later stages of Roman Emperor Augustus' reign.

Over the past fifty years the various models have been imported into the United States by different companies. The most well known of the United States importers would probably be Firearms Import & Export (F.I.E.) of Hialeah/Miami.

·
Registered
11,000 Posts
I was pretty unimpressed with the two I have seen in person. The barrel fell off one of them.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Putzwaffen=trashguns. After the era of the reichrevolver Germany pretty much steered clear of wheelguns until the reality of the post-WWII economy. J.P. Sauer built western style revolvers for Hawes, Herters and others as well as some double actions under their own name. Korth originally a modest proposition went on to build very high end revolvers. These are by and large okay or better.

Guns by Hermann Weirrauch, Rohm Gmbh (RG), Burgo, clones of Remington O/U derringers for Hy Hunter and others largely fall into the P.O.S. category.

I vote you pass. W.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts