Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone looking for a little information and if anyone can tell me what the market value is for a 65-6 Pre-lock with a 3 inch barrel (Stainless/nickle). I found one, I have my eye on and they are asking $850. The Serial number is CDW6233 Looks like it also has 704 stamp on the swing arm out for the wheel. Any information, background or opinion would be greatly appreciated.

RocketKatchR

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
A picture is very useful to give you a good opinion. Condition is a big driver of price. Hank

·
Premium Member
18,605 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! That is at least $200 too high IMO. But, you might look at completed auctions on gunbroker.com to see what they have been selling for lately.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
149 Posts
$850 is too high! Offer him $600 cash OTD and see if he bites. If it is at a pawn shop, they might have $300 in it but more likely $200-$250.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything special with the pre-lock edition. it does come with a leather holster for the "all-in" price. I thought it might be high. I figured I might see if you guys could tell me how old it was and if it was any kind of special edition that would warrant the ask. Thanks for all that have provided input. Truly appreciated!

·
Registered
214 Posts
The 3 inch k frames are popular and I see them listed around that price now and then and sell. But that one doesn’t have the factory grips, a lot of pawn shops don’t seem to factor that in when they price and it drives me nuts. I think for 850 you could get a pretty much mint with the grips. Of course it’s all about what your willing to pay, sometimes I know I can do better and go for it anyway. Any pawn shop worth anything will take some money off sticker.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Prices do vary by region and the 3" K frames are very popular right now, but I agree that the price is $150-200 too high

·
Registered
22,038 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I agree with the others that the price is too high. Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Premium Member
10,760 Posts
I paid $350 for a 4 inch Model 65 (police agency surplus) just a few years ago. Prices are up, but not that much... The one you are considering is nice, but would not be $850 special to me.

Here's mine:

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Registered
418 Posts
I bought this 65-5 box and everything for $850. I probably could have talk the guy down, but he just lost his job and was struggling, so I bought it with out with out haggling.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts