Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently inherited and interesting old revolver. Problem is I can't seem to find any information as we when it was made or any other details about it. All I've been able to find is that its a S&W Special Cartridge and it makes one hell of a bang. I was hoping someone a little more knowledgeable on here might be able to shed some more light on it for me, serial number is 63334 if that helps. Thanks for taking a look.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yes there is.
Then its a post war S&W .44. Its basically a fourth model S&W .44. It was produced before model numbers. I believe when they were model marked it was a Model 21.

It looks to be in good condition and is sought after by collectors/accumulators.

It is an early post war gun. S&W Standard Catalogue, 4th edition puts it at 1946/7.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then its a post war S&W .44. Its basically a fourth model S&W .44. It was produced before model numbers. I believe when they were model marked it was a Model 21.

It looks to be in good condition and is sought after by collectors/accumulators.

It is an early post war gun. S&W Standard Catalogue, 4th edition puts it at 1946/7.
No kidding? That's pretty awesome, amazing what you find when you clean out your parents house. Thanks for shedding some light on it for me.

·
Registered
22,743 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Nice older revolver and a great inheritance.

Reactions: Cliff

·
Super Moderator
32,708 Posts
Good looking revolver and as noted it is one that many fans of Smith revolvers are on the look out for!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts