Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently inherited and interesting old revolver. Problem is I can't seem to find any information as we when it was made or any other details about it. All I've been able to find is that its a S&W Special Cartridge and it makes one hell of a bang. I was hoping someone a little more knowledgeable on here might be able to shed some more light on it for me, serial number is 63334 if that helps. Thanks for taking a look.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If it is a .44 Special you have a very valuable one. That's a .44 Hand Ejector Military, later to be named M21.
It's worth a lot!!!
Shoot it all you want, you ain't gonna hurt it.:cool:
Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is a .44 Special you have a very valuable one. That's a .44 Hand Ejector Military, later to be named M21.
It's worth a lot!!!
Shoot it all you want, you ain't gonna hurt it.:cool:
Jim
It's a 44 alright, had a devil of a time finding ammunition for it. I had no idea it was rare though. Thanks for taking a look and shedding some light on it for me.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
As Jonesy said there should be an S in front of that number.
.44 Special ammo isn't hard to find.
It was made in 1946.
Jim

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Greetings mate, good time to get into reloading for 44 special. a Rockchucker would serve you well mate..

thewelshm

·
Premium Member
18,746 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! What an inheritance! Sorry for your loss but congratulations on getting the .44!

Reactions: Blackcloud2
1 - 9 of 9 Posts