Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber model T36093 with a 1.5" barrel. It is a 6 shot. Serial number is V8783#. I have not been able to find any more information and would like some help regarding age, whether it is nickel or stainless and approximate value. It has not been cared for as you can tell so any advice on how to clean it up is appreciated.

Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ah yass, another cut-down, and probably bore-out S&W Victory. Neither originally nickel nor stainless steel, but just plain old parkerized steel alloy; most likely nickled or chromed at the chop shop. I'm guessing that yours was made around 1943 and if originally chambered for 38 S&W (not special), probably sent to some British Commonwealth theater of operations during WW2 and later returned to the U.S. Some of these went to some interesting places and did some interesting things. There's a bit more info on them here on an earlier thread:

http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/s-w-revolvers-1945-present/30147-38-200-revolver.html

Also, the grips look to be from much later, probably from the 70's. -S2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Speedo2. From your comments I take it has little value since it has been modified. Is there any hope of refinishing it if it is alloy.

·
Premium Member
20,548 Posts
Yes you could refinish it. But you would have foo much money in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts