Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Super Moderator
15,820 Posts
In your part of Europe, I would look for good firearms from CZ, Israel or Turkey. Some of the newer offerings appearing in the US from Turkey are pretty impressive for the price. Some of this advantage may be due to exchange rate.

Used S&W firearms may be available in your area too. Revolvers from S&W are well made, and often available at reasonable prices.

Avoid buying cheaply made handguns. Buy an older gun if you can find one that has not been abused or worn out, and you can get adequate support from a dealer.

· Registered
7,099 Posts
Turkish and European guns are cheap to us because of exchange rates, the OP’s choices may differ from ours.

· Registered
1,972 Posts
Cheap and good do not belong in the same sentence. I'm an all metal CZ 9mm nut. Need more money? get a second job. It's what I do.

Reactions: SidecarFlip

· Registered
Gen1 Shield 9mm
59 Posts
Grab A Gun had the gen1 stainless S&W shield 9mm for $319 a few days ago. Might still have that deal going. They also had several models of Taurus in the $200s.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In your part of Europe, I would look for good firearms from CZ, Israel or Turkey. Some of the newer offerings appearing in the US from Turkey are pretty impressive for the price. Some of this advantage may be due to exchange rate.

Used S&W firearms may be available in your area too. Revolvers from S&W are well made, and often available at reasonable prices.

Avoid buying cheaply made Cheap handguns for sale. Buy an older gun if you can find one that has not been abused or worn out, and you can get adequate support from a dealer.
Hi, first thank you for moving the thread and 2nd for your suggestion

· Banned
1,961 Posts
In the recent past I wouldn't own a Taurus...anything, but now they make very good, low cost (about $300.00) for a G3c...it's excellent.

And yes, I know this because I have one and it also came with 3 magazines.

Look it up - see the specs and reviews.

· Registered
11,980 Posts
Look up Sarsilmaz (SAR). Great quality Turkish CZ style semis.

· Registered
45,692 Posts
Add Girsan to that list as well

· Registered
16 Posts
Check out the Taurus GX4. Not very pricey and seems to be a pretty darn good pistol. I have one and don't have any issues with it. However, I still carry my P365.
Which reminds me, the P365 has been on sale recently for around $399 at some places.

· Registered
20,374 Posts
Ruger does make some reliable, light, plastic semi-autos thst won't break the bank....particularly in the used market. I like them, even though there are some fancy guns available, but for more bucks. The plastic Ruger pistols are very good for dependable, reliable, self defense arms. Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts