Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... this is my first post here.

As the title says, I am looking for assistance in dating a 15-3 I have had for years. It formerly belonged to my fathers Uncle Ralph who kept it under the front seat of his car. It is in fairly good condition and shoots quite well. It came with what appears to be the original cardboard box, though the serial number and other info, written in blue pen onto the label, has long since faded. It wore the pictured checkered grips when I received it. I added the rubber grips for personal shootability and to match those which came on a 617.

When I assist others in dating Browning High Powers, I find it helpful to have pictures. I am including a couple here and could easily provide more if there is anything someone would like to see.

I have read a bit about serial and assembly numbers and checked the bottom of the frame to be certain they matched the numbers in the cylinder yoke.

Serial Number: 15K5959 (Cylinder Yoke and Bottom of Grip)
Assembly Number: 13828 (Cylinder Yoke and Side of Grip)

also: D21 and D15 (Cylinder Yoke)

My thanks in advance to the experts here.

Cheers,

Tim

Automotive tire Wood Font Gas Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Line Material property Gas Tints and shades

Air gun Trigger Revolver Everyday carry Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
12,154 Posts
Can't do much better than combat.

13K3xxx shipped 9/77
18K7xxx shipped 11/78

Nice looking revolver. I have a 15-3 that shipped in 1970; K975xxx.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Grey

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Shoot it in good health mate... stay a while welcome to our forum...

Thewelshm

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
354 Posts
welcome to the forum. I hope you visit often.
There's lots of knowledge here, and those who have it are very generous.
That 15 is a great start and one of my favorites, but be careful as the are pretty addictive. One leads to another and another....

·
Registered
29,476 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sweet model 15. Would love to get one but I'd prefer a snubby.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts